• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 08:38:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 599
Total: 599

Rain has finally arrived

Started by Mugwump, May 23, 2017, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..here now....sprinkled most the day, on and off, but the sun popped here and there too................now it's a nice soaker.. |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

It finally left here this afternoon.  It was glorious to see the blue sky with big puffy clouds.  They say that it is coming back in a day or two.  It's supposed to rain a lot in the spring.  Last year it was dry when it should have been wet and wet when it should have been dry.  It killed a lot of plants, even mature Magnolia's that had lived for years in the woods are dead. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 23, 2017, 05:39:17 PM
It finally left here this afternoon.  It was glorious to see the blue sky with big puffy clouds.  They say that it is coming back in a day or two.  It's supposed to rain a lot in the spring.  Last year it was dry when it should have been wet and wet when it should have been dry.  It killed a lot of plants, even mature Magnolia's that had lived for years in the woods are dead.

..pretty much the same here last year...but not as dry as what you experienced....our driest was during winter when we got perhaps 25%, or so, of our normal snowfall.....even when it did snow, it was lucky if we got more than an inch ??...

This year is a 'La Nina'....cooler temps and more moisture.....so the good snows should return...but not the brutal cold temps...............we'll see  huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I don't know that "finally arrived" would be words that I would use.  It seems like it has been raining here for the last two weeks.  When is it going to finally quit?
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

BallAquatics

They are forecasting rain here for today and tomorrow, but nothing yet.  It made the FedEx girl happy that it wasn't raining when she showed up with my NEW motorbike tires.

Guess what I'm doing for the next couple of days???

Liz has become fixated on her chickens and me the motorbike.  I guess we all have to take a break from the fish now and then.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Did someone say chickens ;D ;D ;D  They're out pecking and scratching as I type |^|

wsantia1

It's been raining here daily for about a week. We have another all day soaker scheduled for tomorrow.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

It did that most of last week.  Now we're having a few days of respite.  It's cool and windy now.  They say we'll have another week of rain starting Monday.

wallace

We are just getting over a heat wave, it was 91 yesterday.

Speaking of chickens... we have 5 ducklings in the dining room now.  huh
Dan

LizStreithorst

wallace

There are two small ponds and a portion of the irrigation ditch goes through the yard. That's where the geese go swimming. The ditch-pond is 8 feet wide and 100 long, it should be enough for them.

I keep filling a dog bowl in their duck hut with water and within minutes the silly things they have made it muddy and splashed it all out.
Dan

LizStreithorst

I thought that I lived in heaven.  You have me beat.

wallace

The wild honker just showed up after being gone for 4 days. He has never flown higher than 5 feet off the ground. On Saturday I started the tractor and it scared the hell out of him and he flew way up in the sky and over the horizon. We were shocked. Today he came home, feathers a bit ruffled but otherwise ok. He knows how big the world is now.
Dan