• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

Sunday

Started by wsantia1, July 02, 2023, 06:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. I am doing better today. still no side affects from the Covid booster and shingles shot that I got yesterday. My arm still hurts but not as much as yesterday and certainly no where near what I expected my arm to feel like this morning.

Needless to say, today will be a catch up day in the fishroom. In addition to the discus tank (I managed to  change their  water yesterday)  I have several other tanks that need some TLC. I will try to do as much as possible without pushing myself too hard. I should be able to use both arms while working on those tanks today.

I also plan to make a slab of baby back ribs sometime today. They've been marinating since Friday because I didn't feel like cooking anything yesterday.

Other than the things I mentioned, I am not planning to do anything else but catch up on my sleep. That will be a challenge because I can't sleep in the day time.

Wishing you all a great day and as usual I'll check in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I think I'm almost as happy that you're feeling better rather than worse today, Willie.

For me, I had a great back day yesterday but today, not so good.  I haven't done much fun stuff, but I did get the kitchen clean again and a couple of loads of laundry done.  My sheets are still on the fence and should be about dry but I need to have a little nap before WC.

After WC,  I'll make the bed, take a bath and fall in to the bed with my nice clean body. 

I did visit the garden, of course.  Two of my pole beans are up.  There is something about seeing something I planted come up, and then either give me pretty flowers or pretty and good food that makes me smile.  What doesn't taste better than a veggie or fruit fresh from your own garden planted with your own hands?

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello folks!...

Please pardon my absence for the last couple days...just been busy...we had a big 75 birthday party over at a friends house last night...I thought I was drinking a virgin drink only to start really feeling loopy!...found out what I thought was pure grapefruit juice was a red grapefruit infused vodka!!! mim mim mim

I think that getting both shots at the same time would notbein my best interest, Willie....I was so sick for 2 days after each Covid shot that I'll take my chances...I did have Covid after returning from Hawaii last year and it was about like the results of the shots as I remember... I glad you're not hurting badly...

I picked up some new species yesterday to offer...bamboo shrimp, spixi snails, dwarf chain loaches, cherry barbs, and a golden puffer (freshwater only)...a fellow that came by for some spixis is coming back tomorrow for the loaches, and a lightly used Eheim 2217 canister...I'll have to clean it up tomorrow morning...

I have an area out on the back end of our very long carport the has a lot of hobby stuff I don't use and need to get rid of...long term project for me (one of many!!! :D :D :D

How was your stint at the aquarium Saturday, Barb?...
Liz, I've read so much about tomatoes, and other nightshades, being so bad to eat if one has arthritis...I don't eat a lot of them, but I sure do love marinara sauces!,! |eat| |eat| |eat|

I guess that's about all I have for now....good night Muggers! |^|

Our temps are climbing now...we hit 110 in Apache Junction today @ 4pm....105.5 right now....Phoenix, with all the buildings and pavement, hit about 115...so far our hottest day this year...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron