• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:59:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,348
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 765
Total: 766

Sunday Afternoon

Started by wsantia1, March 27, 2022, 11:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Hey everyone. We are having a winter like day here in Delaware with the current temp at 43 degrees. The high temp will only be 1 degree higher. It is kind of windy here and there is a snow storm to our northwest headed in this direction. By the time it gets into this area it will have already turned into rain.

I did a lot of stuff in the fishroom yesterday including changing out a shrimp tank. I still have to finish adding water to the new tank. I'm doing it slowly to minimize shrimp losses and so far they are doing well.

I also isolated an obviously sick female albino red guppy into a hospital tank last night and she looked much better this morning. As I was feeding her she attacked my hand. I hope she pulls through. Right now I'm only treating her with salt.

Due to our inclement weather I won't doing any yard work today. I'll just stay in the house and relax. Maybe I will find something else to mess around with in the house.

Hopefully you all have a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, sorry to hear about your guppy deaths.  Very sad.  And I bet they were beautiful.  Hopefully one or mor  e of the females will have some fry for you to raise.  Fingers crossed.

It has been cool and very windy here today and tonight and tomorrow night are to be 33.  That is too cold for lots of my new vegetation in the yard that came back finally from getting frozen 2 weeks ago.  This is hard to take , but what can I do?  Way too much to think about covering up. 

I have had a good friend visiting for the weekend. We have had much fun, and even went to the beach today. But too cold and windy to go out to walk there, so we just had lunch in a place overlooking the beach. It was great.  We had tuna salads made with fresh yellowfin tuna, no similarity at all to canned tuna.  And shared a piece of key lime pie for dessert.  What a meal. We had Mexican last night, which we both love.  But way too much food on each plate. 

Hope you all have a good eve and tomorrow.
Barb