• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:13:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,348
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 772
Total: 773

Sunday afternoon greetings

Started by LizStreithorst, August 22, 2021, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hello friends.  It's a little late for a first post of the day but here I am...

It took me two days of house cleaning to satisfy me.  It's because every time I do something I have to sit down for a while.  At any rate it's clean enough to give me pleasure when I come in the front door.  So, after I finished the house I sat outside and enjoyed the hummingbirds and butterflies for a long time before I came in was delighted my my clean house. 

Dinner is in the oven.  Chicken thigh for 1 with garlic butter mushrooms mixed with creamy chicken with about 6 cloves of garlic.  Trust me...the dish is not garlicky.  It's very mellow and delicious.  I'll have it with mashers to absorb the sauce.

Hope y'all are having fun.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and everyone. We have been beaten down by lots and lots of rainfall over the past few days here and today I had to drive through it all again as I took Vikki home to DC to conclude these hectic few days.

When I picked up Kobe from the kennel yesterday once he got home he immediately started rubbing his back on the carpet floor. I took a good look and sure enough he was infested with fleas.

My first instinct is to blame the kennel but he's in the backyard a lot and we are in the very wooded park often so he could have gotten it there. He wears a Soresto flea collar and the fleas were mostly lethargic so the collar appear to be working so do I scrubbed him down good with Dawn and some hydrocortisone shampoo and he is doing much better.

I am currently in the process of cleaning all of his things starting with his bedding. It's a good thing that he doesn't jump on my bed anymore.  >:(

I will be letting the kennel know what happened because I believe he got it there. He may have gotten it from a kennel mate. I have noticed that since Covid-19 began their staffing has decreased so I am sure some things are slipping.

On a good note, my beat up Black Ram appears to be at 100% health (thanks Liz) so I will be moving him back into a Ram tank. I thought about putting him back in with the female ram that beat him up but that might not be a good idea even though they have bred with each other already.

I do have a smaller female that is living alone in a 20G so I may try her out with him to see how it goes.

Hopefully everyone else is dry and having a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Do you have another lady fish you could put him with, Willie?

Picking up fleas in a kennel is inexcusable.  See what other boarding facilities do.  You probably don't have to worry about his bedding and other stuff he's rubbed on since he's wearing a Seresto collar.  I'm so sorry that happened to him.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

I definitely will do that Liz. I do have another female. I need to get her ready for him. He's a big boy. Lol  I will be looking at other kennels Liz. I'm just disappointed in this one because they used to be so good.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Never too late to start a daily, Liz!... :)

Not doing much measured walking today...I hurt all through the night, knee and back... probably did too much yesterday...I have done returns to Lowe's and UPS for Amazon, stopped for ice cream, then picked up some aquarium plants a friend offered...

That's all, folks!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron