• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:18:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 747
Total: 747

Sunday & coffee

Started by Mugwump, July 23, 2017, 06:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Morn'n........

..coffee's very good....MMMmmm.....another dank morn'n....so humid that it's almost a misty fog and everything's wet....dew point still in the mid 70's.....humidity 96 percent...

..some water changes and fry moving today....putz'n..yada yada....

..still waking up...need more coffee...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2 long gone..........

..errand time....I need furnace filters.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Good morning....

...another partly cloudy day with 50% rain chance... 88 now going to 93...I bet it goes higher...!

...WC and plant trim/replant gonna happen here sometime today...wash some clothes...who knows what else the day will bring?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...same here, Ron......got my filters....can't describe the old one....LOL....I thought I had spares but didn't...then dragged on picking up more.....DOH wfwf
Jon

wallace

It might hit 100 today. I need to run to the hardware store and get an irrigation valve, a brass one this time - the plastic ones always get stuck and break. Having a hard time getting up off my rear end because I fell in a creek on Friday and pulled a big muscle in my back.
Dan

Mugwump

Quote from: wallace on July 23, 2017, 12:54:34 PM
It might hit 100 today. I need to run to the hardware store and get an irrigation valve, a brass one this time - the plastic ones always get stuck and break. Having a hard time getting up off my rear end because I fell in a creek on Friday and pulled a big muscle in my back.

..."ouch".....take it slow....
Jon

LizStreithorst

It was another hot humid son of a bitch today, but it was a good day.  I put many loads of dead lumber from the chicken house in Charlotte, hauled them to the burn pile and I burned them down to ashes.  I quit before I was exhausted for a change, and still have Charlotte loaded to the gill  with the last load that I will dump on the burn pile in the morning.

I expected that I would have enough left in me to do more mowing in the cool of the evening, but I was wrong.  I'm more worn out than I thought I would be.  I am slowly coming to accept the fact that I am not a spring chicken.  It pisses me off but it's true.  I only have enough left to do WC, eat dinner, and get in bed with Al Franken wfwf
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 23, 2017, 04:06:57 PM
It was another hot humid son of a bitch today, but it was a good day.  I put many loads of dead lumber from the chicken house in Charlotte, hauled them to the burn pile and I burned them down to ashes.  I quit before I was exhausted for a change, and still have Charlotte loaded to the gill  with the last load that I will dump on the burn pile in the morning.

I expected that I would have enough left in me to do more mowing in the cool of the evening, but I was wrong.  I'm more worn out than I thought I would be.  I am slowly coming to accept the fact that I am not a spring chicken.  It pisses me off but it's true.  I only have enough left to do WC, eat dinner, and get in bed with Al Franken wfwf

.... ;D I'm sure that Al appreciates that.... ;D   nyuk nyuk nyuk....
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

Tony44

Another busy weekend and lots of heat and humidity.yesterday morning I thought we would get rained out but at 745 it stopped raining we start at 8 on saturdays the day was not so bad. Today I was repairing a chimney had to get off the roof for about 1 hour it was so hot. Just got home on couch enjoying the ac say we might get a storm tonite and tommorw looks like a lil cooler day well have to shower and take care of fish then lights out
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

LizStreithorst

I'm sure that he would if he knew.  He wants people to read his book which is cheap to buy with lots of excellent writing.

He's doing some interviews rather than a book tour. They were all good interviews, but I think that it was Michelle Martin who asked a question about how he stood on a political situation.  It was a legit question since his book is about politics but he was off guard and sidestepped the question.  He's not good at that when he thinks that he's being interviewed by an obviously left leaning interviewer.  I don't know one else noticed but I did.
Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2017, 04:09:03 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 23, 2017, 04:06:57 PM

.... ;D I'm sure that Al appreciates that.... ;D   nyuk nyuk nyuk....

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2017, 04:18:47 PM

We're all headed there.  I'm ready.  Until that time comes I will enjoy myself by doing what I enjoy doing.

Ron Sower

Well...it got to 98 and one report shows 101 today...showing flash flood watch up til midnight...

...did my water change and trimmed and replanted a little....I gotta be patient enough to wait til next Sat to pull plants to get rid of for my rescaping....I have most of them promised out to King Mah, the young fellow I've been trading with...we'll meet up at the AAPE meeting Sunday...

...set the little pork loin out to thaw then went to the pool to just float for an hour...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron