• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 09:29:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 514
Total: 514

Sat's dinner

Started by Mugwump, September 19, 2015, 05:04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Pork steaks, mashers, green beans, peaches....................and maybe a piece of the leftover strawberry cream pie??.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Strawberry cream pie!!!  Sounds heavenly.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

My birthday dinner, only 6 days late. New York strips and baked taters

LizStreithorst

I have a baked tater with butter, yougurt, fresh chopped chives, and home cooked crumbled bacon.  It was good but too much for me to eat.  The puppies enjoyed the left overs.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Fried taters and hot dogs.

Dennis

wsantia1

Crab cakes and mashed potatoes at my favorite crab shack. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

GraphicGr8s

Today's dinner was Qued ribs. Also did chicken and a brisket. 5 hours. Man the ribs were fall off the bone with a slight tug fantabulous. Did sweet asian ribs. Chicken and brisket are for the rest of the week reheated on the gas grill.
Wife got home and fried up some plantains we picked out of the garden. Funny. Aaron Sanchez says they're a root but these came from above ground.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on September 20, 2015, 08:28:31 PM
Today's dinner was Qued ribs. Also did chicken and a brisket. 5 hours. Man the ribs were fall off the bone with a slight tug fantabulous. Did sweet asian ribs. Chicken and brisket are for the rest of the week reheated on the gas grill.
Wife got home and fried up some plantains we picked out of the garden. Funny. Aaron Sanchez says they're a root but these came from above ground.

huh no rice  huh    LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

John Patakos

lol....there is no way Sanchez would say that plantains are a root..they are a relative of the banana and oddly enough are actually native to southeast asia and africa...yet they are a major staple in latino cooking.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: John Patakos on September 20, 2015, 11:18:14 PM
lol....there is no way Sanchez would say that plantains are a root..they are a relative of the banana and oddly enough are actually native to southeast asia and africa...yet they are a major staple in latino cooking.

He was a judge on Chopped and they were doing the Grillmaster challenge. One guy under cooked the plantains and Sanchez said they were a root and if he ate them he would hurl.

On an episode of the best things I've eaten they are talking about salty foods. Alton Brown is talking about a country ham and the saltiness of it. Sanchez is next and he says he prefers the natural saltiness of caviar.  Hey Aaron, the saltiness isn't any more natural than the saltiness of the ham Alton just had. The saltiness is from the processing of the roe to make it caviar.

John Patakos

i had not seen those episodes..i have just lost considerable respect for sanchez....
Alton Brown is my favorite...i love "Good Eats"

LizStreithorst

I no longer have a TV but when I had Alton Brown's "Good Eats" was my favorite, too.  His chili recipe is the best I've ever had.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 24, 2015, 03:01:17 PM
I no longer have a TV but when I had Alton Brown's "Good Eats" was my favorite, too.  His chili recipe is the best I've ever had.

Now that you have dsl...get a Roku box and use Metflix ($7.99/mo) to watch it.....plus about any show that you can think of too....you can even stream concerts/music from Utube.......We love it.....Directv is going bye bye when the contract is up..... w!w

We added 'Hulu' for $7.99/mo and have more to watch than ever before......so $16/mo versus the Directv bill is a no brainer... w!w
Jon