• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 09:45:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 525
Total: 525

"World Angelfish Forum"

Started by Mugwump, July 08, 2014, 06:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 13, 2017, 03:48:18 PM
Paul, I still have, and use, the genetic calculator that you had.....great tool... |^|

I have it too Paul. Thanks to Jon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

pwsusi

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 13, 2017, 05:54:52 PM
Paul, I still have, and use, the genetic calculator that you had.....great tool... |^|

Very cool. thanks for the positive feedback. The TAS one was great too. I should dust that off at some point...i haven't used it or made any modifications in a long time.

Mugwump

Quote from: pwsusi on March 13, 2017, 07:05:41 PM

Very cool. thanks for the positive feedback. The TAS one was great too. I should dust that off at some point...i haven't used it or made any modifications in a long time.

Great....I'm not sure about adding the bg's tho.....no conclusive cross data has been produced yet
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

pwsusi

Quote from: Mugwump on March 13, 2017, 07:08:00 PM

Great....I'm not sure about adding the bg's tho.....no conclusive cross data has been produced yet

If I recall correctly I built it in such a way that you can add new genetic mutations through configuration. So if you were experimenting with a new gene you could add it without a code change and see what your test crosses should yield. You can specify which allele, whether it's dominant, recessive, etc...so if you're not seeing the results of your crosses that you would expect you could change the characteristics. I don't recall how far i took it though...will need to check. I'm fairly certain you can't add custom phenotype names when using the tool in this way.

Mugwump

Quote from: pwsusi on March 14, 2017, 09:01:35 AM

If I recall correctly I built it in such a way that you can add new genetic mutations through configuration. So if you were experimenting with a new gene you could add it without a code change and see what your test crosses should yield. You can specify which allele, whether it's dominant, recessive, etc...so if you're not seeing the results of your crosses that you would expect you could change the characteristics. I don't recall how far i took it though...will need to check. I'm fairly certain you can't add custom phenotype names when using the tool in this way.

I've found it to be a remarkable tool......I do 'what if's' all the time using it.... |^|.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 14, 2017, 09:05:58 AM
Quote from: pwsusi on March 14, 2017, 09:01:35 AM

I've found it to be a remarkable tool......I do 'what if's' all the time using it.... |^|.....

I find it to be a great tool that is simpler to use than the TAS calculator. Thanks Paul.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.