• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 01:36:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 880
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 881
Total: 881

Welcome home!

Started by Mugwump, May 05, 2017, 08:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

1975 was the end of the war.....welcome home brothers.... |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Thanks Jon.  I never told you all a short story about what Bill and I went through in 1973, when our POW's in Hanoi were released from the "Hilton" there.  We were stationed at Clark AFB Philippines then (for 2 yrs).  All the 400-600 (forgot the #) returnees (as they were called then, not POW's) came to our hospital first, we both worked in the med. lab there.  LOL, I did a urine test on each of them, in my dept. 

All other patients were evacuated to Taiwan, even the new mothers and their babies.   and the big hospital was used just for all these men.  I met many of them as I drew blood from them for lab tests.  Many were badly scarred from burns.  But oh the joy in that hospital for the week or so they were there before heading back to USA. A large plane hanger was used as a news room for the hundreds of reporters from around the world to work out of.  I remember Peter Jennings came into our lab to do a story and pics. It was a time we will never forget.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on May 05, 2017, 10:40:16 AM
Thanks Jon.  I never told you all a short story about what Bill and I went through in 1973, when our POW's in Hanoi were released from the "Hilton" there.  We were stationed at Clark AFB Philippines then (for 2 yrs).  All the 400-600 (forgot the #) returnees (as they were called then, not POW's) came to our hospital first, we both worked in the med. lab there.  LOL, I did a urine test on each of them, in my dept. 

All other patients were evacuated to Taiwan, even the new mothers and their babies.   and the big hospital was used just for all these men.  I met many of them as I drew blood from them for lab tests.  Many were badly scarred from burns.  But oh the joy in that hospital for the week or so they were there before heading back to USA. A large plane hanger was used as a news room for the hundreds of reporters from around the world to work out of.  I remember Peter Jennings came into our lab to do a story and pics. It was a time we will never forget.
Barb

....those sure were different times.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Thanks to all the vets for making America what it is today.
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

waterboy

Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.