• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 29, 2024, 08:27:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,374
  • Total Topics: 18,550
  • Online today: 252
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 154
Total: 154

Tuesday coffee, cooler day...

Started by Mugwump, June 28, 2016, 05:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...it's 63deg's here this morn'n...but it'll only get to around 70 with north winds blow'n all day....the coffee's very good, I may even stroll out on the deck for a bit....perfect great day for airing out the fish room too.. ;D

...a little putz'n, a bit of loaf'n, a few errands, mow the grass??....a nap??....we'll just take it as it comes  ;D |^| ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Mornin' Jon.  Hot and desert-like here.  We need rain badly.  I should have a cactus garden in my flower beds this year.  Are you going to NADA next week?
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on June 28, 2016, 07:05:47 AM
Mornin' Jon.  Hot and desert-like here.  We need rain badly.  I should have a cactus garden in my flower beds this year.  Are you going to NADA next week?
Barb

Hi Barb,
  Yup, we'll make a run down to catch the show....it looks like it will be well attended too. It's too bad that the ACA is at the same time in Cincinnati, perhaps Dennis will make that one and give us the low down...??....a bunch from the GCCA are making the trip down there to Ohio for it....mostly 'African' keepers tho....
  We're looking forward to meeting all you folks from here..I'm pretty sure that Willie's making the trip back, and I know Liz and Dottie are heading up too. Bring your 'camera smile'....LOL....a few pics of everyone together would be wonderful.. ;D

on Pot #2 here.... |^|....and very, very, very good.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

It's dry and warm here for a few days now. Loving the sunshine.  Going to hit more line items on THE LIST  today. Gotta stay at it and chip away to gitter done.
I've got a guy coming over tomorrow to price out cleaning and painting the deck. 

Now....where's my coffee?  Oh yeah, I gotta go push the button on the Keurig...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 28, 2016, 09:53:19 AM
It's dry and warm here for a few days now. Loving the sunshine.  Going to hit more line items on THE LIST  today. Gotta stay at it and chip away to gitter done.
I've got a guy coming over tomorrow to price out cleaning and painting the deck. 

Now....where's my coffee?  Oh yeah, I gotta go push the button on the Keurig...! |^|

....now that you'll soon be fully retired, it's about time you bought a 'real' coffee pot, huh?....... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on June 28, 2016, 10:06:47 AM

....now that you'll soon be fully retired, it's about time you bought a 'real' coffee pot, huh?....... |^|

LOL...I'm pretty wired up without drinking it all day! 
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 28, 2016, 10:49:09 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 28, 2016, 10:06:47 AM

LOL...I'm pretty wired up without drinking it all day!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D......
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on June 28, 2016, 07:14:02 AM
...the ACA is at the same time in Cincinnati, perhaps Dennis will make that one and give us the low down...

I'm hoping to make it down there, probably Saturday.  Getting ready to make some additions to swisstropicals.com and it would be nice to chat with Stephan while he is so close.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on June 28, 2016, 12:31:05 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on June 28, 2016, 07:14:02 AM
...the ACA is at the same time in Cincinnati, perhaps Dennis will make that one and give us the low down...

I'm hoping to make it down there, probably Saturday.  Getting ready to make some additions to swisstropicals.com and it would be nice to chat with Stephan while he is so close.....

Dennis

Jan, Scott and I, went the the ACA in Indianapolis a few years back, and it was a pretty nice show...you'll enjoy looking around...take your camera...grab a shot of you and Stephan.....I've met him a couple times...a really nice guy.. |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Yep, I'm sure it will be fun.  Back in 2009 it was also in Cincy.  On that trip, I met Mike Drawdy from Imperical Tropicals, (https://imperialtropicals.com/), and got some, at that time, very rare Devario sondhii from him.  I also met Frank Reece from the Blue Zoo Radio http://www.bluezooradio.com/index2.html, and he was so befuddled that someone who couldn't care less about cichlids was at the convention that he asked me to be on the show for the first time.  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Dottie and I will arrive sometime Thursday. and staying until after the awards banquet.  I hope that Dottie is an early riser.  It's a 6 hr trip from her place to Chicago.  I'd much rather arrive early than later.  I want to be there as the show fish  being tanked.  I'll be on the prowl for a top quality Spotted Blue Scorpion.  I sure do hope I find one.  The importers are all into the fancy strains these days because that's what the buyers want.

We finally had a good gully washer here.  It's been dry for too long.  Hope we get more.  I'll have to keep a watch for turtles crossing the roads for the next few days.  The rain seems to make them travel for some reason.  I saw several big ass water turtles crossing the road after the last big rain.  Generally I just see box turtles. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 28, 2016, 05:25:10 PMGenerally I just see box turtles.

I miss box turtles. Don't see them out here.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron