• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 01:31:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 166
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 161
Total: 161

Tuesday

Started by Ron Sower, May 18, 2021, 10:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...Hello...

...yesterday sure went by fast...I was busy most of the day...I think sometimes that I do to much huh wfwf...

...had a chat with ebay man...think I will restructure some tanks and set up a couple more if I can figure a way todo that in my fishroom in order to grow more plants for him to sell... I don't know haw that's going to look yet, but I'll give it a try...hmmm?...what did I just right in the space above?...yeh, that's right....I need more to do to keep me busy and off the streets! :D :D :D |^| |^| |^|

...WCs due today...then some topping off of the shrimp tanks...

...later gators...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning Ron.  I sure wish I had your endurance.  If I don't get what must be done done by 1 pm it just has to wait for another day.  I guess it's the back pain that wears me out so...

It's overcast and drizzly here today.  All I've done so far is a very little tidying up, checking on my gardens, pulling a few weeds and filling my 5 hummingbird feeders.  The hummers went away for a while and have come back in force.  They must have been sitting on their nests and taking care of their kids.  I looked at the feeders this morning and they were all empty except for 1.

I've had the itch for blue and green shrimp and finally took the plunge on the greens.  I asked the guy if he'd ship the blues for the same shipping cost if I bought them as well.  All I need to do is get another 300 watt heater for my 65, fill it up and catch the million or so baby snots I have in a 20 and a 29.  That will leave me with 2 empty tanks for the shrimp.  It's hard to believe that I had no interest in fish other than Discus for years and years.  (well, except for a brief stint breeding Angels...)

I lucked out just before my bed time last night and sold another auction for my Pitch Black Rams.  Fish money in, fish money out...I wish I had more self discipline.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron, Liz  maybe Barb later and everyone. It is 79 degrees, sunny and feels a lot hotter. It's been a pretty busy couple of days for me as I've been spending most of it outside inn the flowerbeds planting , watering and trying out new garden hoses and sprinklers.

That's it for now on the garden stuff. Tomorrow I have to get my butt back into the fish room. It have aa yellow shrimp explosion going on in the fish and I have to set up a new tank for them.

I think my best bet to move them into a 10g that is aged and has a lot of biofilm in it. It has a lone betta in it that I am going to have to put down. I'm putting her down not for shrimp but because she is old and can barely swim. She lives in the java moss from where she can easily get to the top of the tank for food and air. I honestly thought she would be dead by now. huh

Hopefully you all have a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Did you buy the hose I suggested, Willie?  The longer you have it the more you will fall in love with it.  I have one running from a faucet outside the house to the horse trough that has been getting run over almost every day when I pull into and out of the carport.  It's good as new!  The one in the fish room is my favorite.  It's connected to the sump pump in my water storage container.  It's 75' reaches not only the fish room tanks but to the grooming room tanks to the office tanks and pumps my aged water into them.  In the very rare instance it kinks all it takes is a shake and a twist to unkink it.  I like it so much I need to send the company a letter.

I got both the 12 green and 12 blue shrimp for the same shipping cost.  They weren't a bargain like my 50 reds were but they weren't overpriced either.  I shouldn't have but I did.  I've been wanting them for the longest time and suddenly I tank space  for them.  All I have to do now is buy a heater from Twee and catch the hundreds of baby BN.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz my neighbor gave me a 100 foot hose that is from the same manufacturer as your hose. After it warmed up it became very soft with no kinks. We will see how it goes. Thanks

My blue shrimp are starting to pick and I have a few shrimplets and my greens are a little more comfortable so I see them more often. I put some almond leaves in their tank and I see them on that leaf mostly.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody, I have been busy today helping my mom and getting myself and house and cats ready for my 3 day mini vacation starting tomorrow morning.  I am surrounded by great neighbors and they will all keep a close watch on everything for me.  Liz my hose you recommended arrives tomorrow.  I look forward to a non kinking hose.  Have never had one, and I like the green color of it.  Good for you all with your shrimp! I have blue and yellows, hope to get red and greens sometime.  I will try to check in while on my trip, I will have my laptop, if I have wifi where I am at the time.  I will be traveling next to the ocean for 100 miles!!
Barb