• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 08:29:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 836
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 751
Total: 751

Like Popcorn

Started by EdKaz, March 07, 2014, 02:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

Last week I brought home 5 Koi from Mugwumps Fish World. The 2 that were hanging out together in his tank, paired up in my tank and laid last Friday afternoon....and its POPCORN TIME!

One by one, three by three up they come off the floor of the tanks. Fingers crossed most will make it because Mugwumps Koi are pretty....... purty. :)

Over in one of my breeder tanks, a pair of Ghosts....... also from Mugwumps fishroom (who laid for the second time in the 2 weeks they have been here) are busy chasing down THEIR free swimmers and trying to stick em back on the slate. Hoping they dont tire of chasing the little dudes around and chow on em , out of frustration (or whatever it is that makes Angels chow down their youngins)

The batch from pinoy pair that laid last Monday isnt looking all that great.......MAYBE 30-40 left. Should have left THEM with mom and dad to see how they do as parents......but pulled up and likely screwed something up in the hatching tank being in a big hurry.

The batch from the Smokey Pariba and Pinnoy who laid Monday is still looking good. Im pretty stoked to see what comes out of that pair.

Been a trying week and Im EXHAUSTED and SORE from trying to get things set back up here, while also unexpectedly having to thrash around in a hurry  to get hatching and fry tanks set up at the same time.

Its been a couple years since I shut down my fishroom due to health issues, but as sore and tired as I am, I gotta admit I MISS "popcorn days" :D :D :D

LizStreithorst

;D ;D ;D ;D Work harder and get those tanks set up.  You'll be needing them soon.  The time when the kids are escaping from the cone and the parents frantically try to put them back is my favorite part.  Mug calls that time something funny like the great insurrection.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 07, 2014, 04:14:20 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D Work harder and get those tanks set up.  You'll be needing them soon.  The time when the kids are escaping from the cone and the parents frantically try to put them back is my favorite part.  Mug calls that time something funny like the great insurrection.

T'is the great 'mutiny'...LOL...and there's no going back...that's when the parents finally throw their flippers in the air and say..screw it, let em go......LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Ah, "The great mutiny."  I knew I got it wrong.  Is it not the best part?  It sure 'nuff is for me.
Always move forward. Never look back.