• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 01:58:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 756
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 731
Total: 731

wing suit

Started by BillT, November 09, 2012, 11:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

Here is a different kind of video.
It the craziest thing I have ever seen.

Mugwump

I've seen a bunch of those vids....the guys are nuts...LOL..but if I were younger, I'd give that a go....wow...adrenaline rush central....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Jdmcfast

Holy s*@#! That is nuts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

BillT

Its like Rocky the Squirrel and the cliff is Bullwinkle.

Jo

That is totally insane  :o
Jo

sschind

I was wondering through the whole video how they landed then the last 2 seconds showed the parachute.  That's not much more than barely controlled free fall.

As cool as the wing suit is I want to know where that segment around the 3 minute mark was filmed.  that highway is awesome with all its hairpins and switchbacks.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mir

That is super cool. :) I've always wanted to be able to fly! xD

and I agree, the road has a really awesome shape. :D
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Jo

The road does have really awesome shape, but don't want to see it that way!
Jo

BillT

QuoteI want to know where that segment around the 3 minute mark was filmed.  that highway is awesome with all its hairpins and switchbacks.

I don't remember where this one was, but you can go to you-tube, do a wing suit search and find a bunch of these videos which have some description. Some are in places like Sweden, Switzerland, and Italy. Places with mountains I guess. 

There was one where a guy jumped off a cliff, back down pretending to support his head like he was lying on a bed for a couple seconds. Pretty funny looking.
Another place I read that most of these things took about a minute, but it seemed like several minutes to the jumpers.