• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 11:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 731
Total: 731

Better than expected Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, March 15, 2022, 10:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I got all my tank painting and moving done yesterday.  Obviously today will have to be a day of rest.  I still need to reroute air so I can get it to those tanks but it won't be today.  The tanks do look good there and they're in a place where they are easier to work.

I woke up to a hard steady rain that was supposed to stick around all day long.  It sure looked like it would.  But it's partly cloudy not and the forecast now is for it to stay nice until dark.  I do have to run to the supermarket to pick up this and that and I'd much rather do it when it isn't raining cats and dogs.

I have 3 hens that lay in the house and just 2 places they like to lay.  Today a 4th decided to lay inside and there was all sorts of sparing over laying places.  The new hen was terrorizing the poor dogs, making them get off the places they have beds.  Things have finally settled down.  2 hens are sitting on one dog bed, a third is in the nest box on top of the dog cages in the grooming room.  Poor Isabel who like to lay in the dog cage nest is the only one walking around bitching.  I imagine she'll get up and in that nest although it's obvious that she would prefer not to share.

I expect no more uninteresting things will happen today.  If something does happen, I'll check in and let you know later.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. I got a couple of things done in the front yard flower beds including getting up the remainder of the fallen leaves that came down in October. I wanted everything cleaned up because I didn't want to give the landscapers an excuse for not properly laying down the new mulch in the next week or two.

It is already 1:30 and the day is already getting past me. I still have to do some fish room work and maybe a water change on my 75s. This town is know to add stuff to the water at the beginning of Spring so I will probably need to do a thorough testing of my tap water so I know where the water is quality wise.

My first year here I nearly wiped out my whole fishroom with contaminated water. The town blamed it on the construction developers and the developers  blamed it on the town. Since I was the only one looking for answers they didn't do anything for me.

Anyway it is now time for lunch and possibly a little nap. I will check in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

;D ;D ;D Always something interesting going on at your home, Liz   ;D ;D ;D

It's 71 now and going to 84 today!!!...sunny!...

It's Tuesday, so today is a work day...did I really use that 4-letter word?!?!...it's really not work when I like what I'm doing!...I'll be bagging plants latter...

Those crazy PBS look like they might be getting frisky again already...I put a breeding cone in last night and they all moved to the opposite side of their tank!!...

Have a good day folks...and as always...happy aquariuming!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

We hit a high of 69 degrees today and it is currently 68 degrees. Needless to say we had a great day with sunny skies all day. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi all, just a day of work and worry for me.  Clearing out my mom's apt, made 3 trips.  Way more to go.  And she fell yesterday, mental issues getting worse.  I visited her of course.  Sunny and coolish.  I was very sad when I looked around my gardens today.  All the beautiful new Spring growth on everything is now black, badly frozen the other 2 nights when it got into the mid 20's.  Very sad I am.  It will take weeks to get back to what they looked like before.  And some died.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on March 15, 2022, 06:00:12 PM
Hi all, just a day of work and worry for me.  Clearing out my mom's apt, made 3 trips.  Way more to go.  And she fell yesterday, mental issues getting worse.  I visited her of course.  Sunny and coolish.  I was very sad when I looked around my gardens today.  All the beautiful new Spring growth on everything is now black, badly frozen the other 2 nights when it got into the mid 20's.  Very sad I am.  It will take weeks to get back to what they looked like before.  And some died.
Barb
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron