• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 03:11:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 160
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 162
Total: 162

Exciting Day here....

Started by Ron Sower, November 25, 2012, 02:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

The SAASwap Meet was over and we were back home by 4:50.  Linda and I went across the street from our house at 5:30 to have dinner with a neighbor.  At about 6:15 another neighbor ame over and started beating on their window shouting at us that our house was on fire! Sure enough it was the kitchen....I had placed a tote with stuff from the meet on the stove and must have pushed it against the knob and turned on an eye. I got our dog, Murphy, out first then used up the contents of my fire extinguisher and then one of the neighbors', and put the fire out prior to the fire fighters arriving. The stove and a section of the kitchen are toasted. And ash and dust are all over the house. If the neighbor had been on time to visit their friends, Linda and I would not have a home now. The dog is fine and I think the fish are too. I'll know more about them tomorow.  We're staying at our daughter's tonight.

Anyway, 3 great things happened today 1) We had a great swap meet, 2) We still have our home and, 3) We're still upright and taking solid nourishment!  We are Grateful!

That's all the excitement I can handle for one day. Think I'll go to bed.

Ron
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Jdmcfast

Oh no that horrible news. Sorry to hear about the fire. Hope everything works out ok sometimes just the smoke damage alone can be big problem. Good luck!
Glad to hear the rest of your day went well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Josh

BallAquatics

That's some scary stuff Ron.  It's good that the neighbor happened by at the right time to alert you to the fire.

Dennis

Mugwump

That's quite a day, Ron...I'm glad that everyone's ok...hopefully the damage is not too bad.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mir

Oh no, that sounds really scary. I'm glad everyone is okay! :)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

JR

Sorry to hear that Ron. But the good thing is you and your wife are ok.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

Sorry to hear that. That's to much excitement for anyone to go through. I'm glade that you guys are ok. and hope the damage isn't too bad.
Scott

Barb

Gee, what a day!  Glad you are OK.  Some repairs and all will be good again.
Barb

Ron Sower

Thanks for all good wishes everyone.  We're going to be out of our home for a month or so.  Fish still seemed to be okay today.  I'll be over checking on them everyday for sure!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Good to know that things are coming together.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson