• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 10:22:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 185
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 84
Total: 84

Saturday

Started by Ron Sower, October 08, 2022, 11:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hey Liz...I'm first again today, unless someone posts before I finish!...and I even slept later than I have been!...

It's 79 right now and is already close to the projected high of 81 today...fluffy clouds all around...looks like we'll be in the mid to upper 80s for the next 10 days...as I was coming home from Florence yesterday I was watching a dark sky behind me in the south...I picked up Lucy and we went to the Greek restaurant for dinner...as we left, that dark sky handpicked moved on closer to us...we drove by the PO to drop of the plant orders and the sky was darker and there was a calm all over...I said we should get home quickly and skip the grocery store to get home before the wind stars roaring...we watched the preceding dust cloud move in and got home just as the wind was whipping the tall palms back and forth...whew!

Today is bag and label day for the killi club meeting and auction...I'll also do WC on several tanks...Lucy is going to be busy with helping one of our friends with making some cards and Bunco at the clubhouse...I'm going to meet up with a gal before the meeting to get some immature blue platys...I've never had them before, so want to see what they look like when they grow out...

Time to get off my tush and accomplish something today...y'all have a good one, folks!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron and everyone. I actually slept 8.5 hours last night which is something I rarely do but I guess my body was letting me know it needed to recuperate more.

It is currently a cool 58 degrees under sunny skies but we will only top out at 60F which is down from the 70F average temp for today. At least it's not raining.

I woke up this morning with a plan to catch up on my house work but that was put off when one side of my fishroom tripped a breaker early this morning as I was feeding the fish breakfast.

The breaker kept tripping until I took my main air pump off of that outlet. I plugged the pump into another outlet and it's working fine so I am not sure that the pump is the issue. huh In a little while I will try to plug the air pump back into it's original outlet. I have to find out so I can put the permanent fix in.

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody!  Been too busy lately, not sleeping well at night, and trying to get a bit more rest.  Seems if I am too  busy during the day, especially involving time with others, I don;t sleep well.  Any of you do this? I went to the beach with a lady friend yesterday and she talked almost non stop for the whole 6 hrs we were together.  It was wearing me down. I am used to a more quiet life.  Or just a couple hrs with talkative friends. 

Today was day 2 of the 3 day big festival downtown. I only went to the palace gardens (free today) and plant sale, got some nice plants for my yard.  Fund raiser for Tryon Palace.  Home of the first British gov. of NC long ago.  Way before the revolution, New Bern was the second of 3 capitol cities, now Raleigh.  First was Bath, home of Blackbeard the Pirate. 

I have big fish news!!  I changed my mind about Liz's baby discus and am getting some from her next week.  Getting fish like this shipped to me is always nerve wracking, it isn't like shipping guppies or goldfish.  But I am excited to get new fish, first new ones in many years.  Will set up a tank just for them.  Hoping it all goes well.  My last new fish were baby discus from Hans in Baltimore, they are over 5  yrs old now.
Have a good weekend you all,
Barb