• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 02:30:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 149
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 81
Total: 81

Tis Tuesday

Started by Barb, July 12, 2022, 06:25:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends.  It rained again last night, which we did not need.  Liz is right when she said feast or famine here, exactly.  But I did get a lot of yardwork done yesterday since it was cooler.  But have you ever used a weed eater on grass/weeds growing in water?  I did, got it done but messy and harder to do.  The weeds are out of control in some places due to all this rain lately.

Congrats on all the successful fish babies Liz!  Willie, how are your guppies doing?  Ron do you have any baby fish right now?  I do, Endlers, as always. 

I have pre op stuff to do this morning.  I think the rain is over for a day or two until more gets here.  Ron I wish I could send some out West to you and Yosemite.

Have a good day you all!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. No rain for us last night but for this evening they are already forecasting tornado watches/warnings because the temps will be high and the humidity levels are through the roof.

I am in rush mode this morning as I have a back doctor appointment at 10 and a dental cleaning at 11 with a half drive between the 2 locations. I'll try to get to the back doctor by 9:45 and since she works fast I may be out of there by 10:15.

Barb all of my baby fish are doing well. I have guppy fry growing like weeds and ram fry that are doing well for me. I have lots and lots of Twin Bar Endlers. They seem indestructible compared to the fancy guppies and Rams.

It's time for me to get moving before time gets away from me. Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello all...

I didn't realize until just now that I haven't posted since Friday night...but I have been reading you daily, planning to get back on at day's end...guess it didn't happen ...

Saturday morning I had a phone conversation with the restaurant mgr regarding not having us down for the club meeting...he'd booked the room for the afternoon and evening...one-off our directors told me he and his Mom were sitting within earshot and heard me tell him we were going to meet on the 10th there for our ice cream social...oh well...anyway, Saturday morning several of us got on the phones and finally got squared away with meeting at our old venue, Denny's!...then we started posting the change on our Facebook pages...I was in knots....BUT, EVERYTHING WENT OFF WITHOUT A HITCH...!!, |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Denny's has a new franchise owner and management and they bent over backwards to make sure we were good, and stated so many times how he would do everything he could to keep us coming!...our biggest concern is space for up to 100 people...it's not there ...we had 50 on Sunday...

Anyway, Saturday night I went to the killi club meeting and was able to enjoy it...came home with some nice red swordtails for the 3rd outdoor tank and a trio of young Galaxy guppies from the auction...not sure I like them enough to try to breed a colony...

Saturday afternoon a young fellow who's been coming over to buy plants came again and left with a bunch of them...it was a nice visit...Saturday afternoon, I bagged plants and killifish and some young rainbows to take to the killifish club auction...

Sunday,I wasn't planning to take anything to our SAS auction because I needed the morning to complete getting the club board meeting papers in order (we had a lot to cover) but got through with them soon enough to bag some plants...

All-in-all, it turned into a good weekend!... ;D ;D ;D

Yesterday was a more relaxing day...I went to a new medical clinic nearby, supposedly to see what they had offered...they co-sponsored one of our dinner dances here recently...one little older lady had been waiting an hour to be seen while others were being taken on in...and the receptionist was getting information from me as if I were a new patient and said she had to have it before they could see me...these two things were a sign to me to leave - and I did...

I came home and did WC on my patio tanks!...Lucy wanted to invite some friends over for dessert, so while she was out shopping for strawberry shortcake fixings, I set up and activated an outdoor security camera!...I'm so proud of me!!!...it was a challenge, but I got'er done!!! :D :D ;D

Still no rains here and temps are 109-115 nowadays...fluffy clouds some days...I've not turned on the irrigation system that's here because I've never tried to figure it out, haha!...but I do water our cacti on with WC water when I do the rainbow and discus tanks...mainly because they're located where I drain the water out front instead of back into the fishroom sink...

Reading your weather reports daily brings back memories of growing up in Roanoke...the weather could change almost every day often...and then goin to long stretches of dry or wet, mild or snow...I remember Christmases and Thanksgivings in shirtsleeves and ones in the warmest coats I had!!

You folks take care...keep on happily aquariuming and keep those fish alive and growing...I'll check in tonight...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hey Ron. Sounds like things are going great for you. Your plant business is thriving and you have that club of yours really doing well. Our club is kind of boring these days with hardly any guest speakers and us being limited to two hour meetings every month.

We generally meet at William Penn High school but now that school is out we are meeting in a parking lot of a public park. The park worked well last year because the school wouldn't let us hold our meeting due to COVID. We haven't set up this month's park meeting yet.

At the moment we are under a severe Thorm warning with possible tornado activity. We will get the Thorms but hopefully they don't spawn any tornados. I am all set to go down to the basement with the fishes at a moments notice.

See ya later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Trying a meeting outdoors here in the summer would be suicide for the club!!! ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron