• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 03:07:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 707
Total: 708

A Thurs. coffee moment

Started by Mugwump, October 13, 2016, 06:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...cold out...it's 35deg's...high today in the low/mid 50's....but the coffee is very good  |^|

...just getting going here....the place is a mad house.... wfwf....Sassy and da boys are running everywhere... wfwf

..lots of swap prep, and some water changes for me today....did manage to check the bag count in our swap supply container yesterday tho....mop up rags are clean...yada yada...but the heaters need a wipe down and the tanks cleaned/shined... |^|....and a bunch of other odds and ends still need tending too also.....

..when it gets light out, I'll check and see how the frost looks outside....I can see what looks like it on Jan's car... huh

..and now back to our regularly scheduled coffee... 8)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great once again. Temps a little higher today in the upper 40s. It's going to be a great weather day until the cold front comes in from the midwest tonight.

Water changes and putzing on tap today but I have to check my calendar just to make sure I did not schedule something else today. If not I will make a drive down to Dover after the WCs to check on what's going on with my builder.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 13, 2016, 06:39:57 AM
Coffee is great once again. Temps a little higher today in the upper 40s. It's going to be a great weather day until the cold front comes in from the midwest tonight.

Water changes and putzing on tap today but I have to check my calendar just to make sure I did not schedule something else today. If not I will make a drive down to Dover after the WCs to check on what's going on with my builder.

...grab some pics of it....and the homes in the area... ;D   is it a free standing dwelling? ..over by Hampshire they've built some really nice 'ranch' style duplexes that have 1/2 basements.....2 car garages, etc...decks and adequate yards....very homey....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2 and we're off and running.... 8)

..hey, it's already up to 40deg's...LOL

Jon

waterboy

Last cup in the pot going down now. It is 41 here. Was 33 on the thermometer on the patio when I got up but weatherbug said 39.  Didn't see any frost around.  Friday the thirteenth is on a Thursday this month, be careful out there.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on October 13, 2016, 08:42:31 AM
Last cup in the pot going down now. It is 41 here. Was 33 on the thermometer on the patio when I got up but weatherbug said 39.  Didn't see any frost around.  Friday the thirteenth is on a Thursday this month, be careful out there.

,,,odd...didn't notice any frost here either... huh    and it wasn't that windy.. |^|
Jon

wallace

The coffee is extra good this morning, I added a bunch of chocolate powder.  8)

This storm might be a humdinger. The NWS meteorologist here is comparing it to the Columbus Day storm of 1962, which had winds equivalent to a category 4 hurricane. These are rare around here. The last time we had a 70 mph gust here my neighbor's barn blew down. My old barn was built in 1860 and a few years ago I added some lumber to strengthen it. Later today I'll keep looking out the window to see if the barn is still there... LOL. Its only blowing about 35 mph now, the big wind isn't supposed to get here until tonight.

I just got a new generator for the fish tanks. I should go put some gas in it and learn how to work it. I have those battery air pumps that turn on automatically when the power goes out. Last winter I was up all night a couple times floating bottles of hot water in the tanks. That gets tedious right away.

In this picture from this morning you can see hurricane Matthew out in the Atlantic, and this disorganized looking storm in the west.

Dan

Mugwump

Well hunker down Dan and be safe.... |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

My CPA just called.  I had been dreading his call.  Either I forget to include an important piece of paper or I find out I owe money.  This time I did everything right and owe absolutely nothing!  I wasn't expecting it because my income was more than last year's and I knew that there was the $200. penalty because I couldn't afford the $500. that Obama care would have cost me.  (my State didn't expand medicaid so a lot of folks who were just scraping by couldn't afford it.) 

The huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.  I feel so light!  I think I'll go outside, flap my arms,  and fly around with the birds for a bit ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 13, 2016, 01:07:45 PM
My CPA just called.  I had been dreading his call.  Either I forget to include an important piece of paper or I find out I owe money.  This time I did everything right and owe absolutely nothing!  I wasn't expecting it because my income was more than last year's and I knew that there was the $200. penalty because I couldn't afford the $500. that Obama care would have cost me.  (my State didn't expand medicaid so a lot of folks who were just scraping by couldn't afford it.) 

The huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.  I feel so light!  I think I'll go outside, flap my arms,  and fly around with the birds for a bit ;D

...sweeeeeeeeeeeet.....congrat's...........flap away  |^|
Jon