• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 08:12:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 524
Total: 524

Tueday's morn'n coffee

Started by Mugwump, July 05, 2016, 06:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....and great coffee it is too....MMMmmmm ... it'll be a hot and steamy day here....about 90deg's with high humidity and dew points...rain late tonight...I guess we'll get the errands out of the way early and retreat to the AC...and maybe watch a couple flicks?....or just read?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2....time to start the daily routine, then run over and feed Kasey's fish, etc....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is very good.  Out and about already.  It's going to be a hot and sticky one today after all of that rain yesterday
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Errands done here......fresh coffee made....time to putz  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

56 and cloudy here. Chance of rain this afternoon. More inside work like packing.

I have a guy interested in having the first look at the fish I'm selling. Since he's offered to take over co-ordinating and managing the swap meets, he'll definitely get first shot at them. I have a long list of fish. Next I've got to list the plants!

Coffee was extra good today.

Gotta get to Costco today sometime to fill the larder!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...putz'n done ...now time to putz.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   

...a really humid day here....the garden loves it tho.. |^|
Jon

wsantia1

It sure is hot out there. Very nice in here with the A/C on. lol  |^| |^| |^| Getting ready to have a Lemon Italian Ice.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Rjb3

It's hot here, too. Not too hot to go out and have a little fun . . . . .

Gale and I went to the gun range and put a few rounds through one of my 1849 Colt pocket models. (None of them are originals. Just copies.)  There's nothing like black powder. We set the target on fire at 16 yards. LOL  Most people don't realize when you got shot at close range in the old west, you more than likely got set on fire, too. Talk about adding insult to injury. LOL again

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on July 05, 2016, 06:02:31 PM
It's hot here, too. Not too hot to go out and have a little fun . . . . .

Gale and I went to the gun range and put a few rounds through one of my 1849 Colt pocket models. (None of them are originals. Just copies.)  There's nothing like black powder. We set the target on fire at 16 yards. LOL  Most people don't realize when you got shot at close range in the old west, you more than likely got set on fire, too. Talk about adding insult to injury. LOL again

We used to go back up into the 'Angeles National Forest', mostly yucca trees....and shoot our cap/ball/slugs rifle at them...when you hit the big seed pods it would explode a gazillion of the seeds in the air.....LOL....had a cap/ball/slug pistol too.....a 'two hander' for sure... |^|....we made em from kits, can't remember the manufacture... huh....
Jon

Rjb3

That two hander wouldn't have been a Colt Walker, could it?
Other than the weight at 5 pounds, the Walkers don't have a catch on the loading lever. Makes them very unique.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on July 05, 2016, 08:08:27 PM
That two hander wouldn't have been a Colt Walker, could it?
Other than the weight at 5 pounds, the Walkers don't have a catch on the loading lever. Makes them very unique.

...I don't think so, Bob....this monster was a muzzle loader....
Jon