• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:51:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 514
Total: 514

Coffee on a Tuesday morn'n....

Started by Mugwump, August 11, 2015, 05:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee's wonderful this morning...the aroma ...MMmmm...nothing like a nice hot cup to start the day...MMMmmmm     I'm on large cup #2 already  8)

..another easy putz'n day on tap here....fry water changes and tidying up the fish room....couple errands and then chill'n....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yes coffee is really good this morning. Raining here. Not real hard but hard enough to be annoying since I can't walk the dog to the park like I want to (he hates the rain). ???

Need to go out for a little while but when I get back I need to tidy up the Koi pair #1 tank. I've been leaving them alone since they've eaten a couple of spawns recently. This time they are doing well but the tank is looking rather funky. :o
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Pot #2.....is good too... 8)  ...no rain here today, but rain'd last night....we do need more rain tho...ground is still a bit hard.

Jan's excited about the 'dots' arriving tomorrow.. ;D....tank is all ready for them... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

My one cup of the day is excellent although my is more coffee flavored half and half and honey than the other way around.

they say big bad storms coming later this afternoon ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 11, 2015, 07:29:20 AM
My one cup of the day is excellent although my is more coffee flavored half and half and honey than the other way around.

My coffee is about one quarter flavored creamer too. Just finished a bottle of Bailey's Mudslide flavor and am now on Almond Joy flavor.

I was on the MSU campus yesterday when a record breaking four inches of rain suddenly came down. Also had to get my mother in law picked up from a dental appointment nearby. Floods, closed roads, traffic jams and stranded cars everywhere in that area. Quite nerve wracking....tested my driving skills, reflexes and critical thinking.  ;D  Made it home fine after a few hours of a trip that should have taken about an hour and a half. Kicking back today.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on August 11, 2015, 07:45:04 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 11, 2015, 07:29:20 AM

My coffee is about one quarter flavored creamer too. Just finished a bottle of Bailey's Mudslide flavor and am now on Almond Joy flavor.

I was on the MSU campus yesterday when a record breaking four inches of rain suddenly came down. Also had to get my mother in law picked up from a dental appointment nearby. Floods, closed roads, traffic jams and stranded cars everywhere in that area. Quite nerve wracking....tested my driving skills, reflexes and critical thinking.  ;D  Made it home fine after a few hours of a trip that should have taken about an hour and a half. Kicking back today.

Flooded roads stink....it rained hard here yesterday, but in spurts with the sun out between deluges....rain like hell, then stop...half hour later, rain like hell....on/off from early afternoon til late last night.....
Jon

BallAquatics

That's what it does here too.  Very seldom do we get a shower anymore.  Either dry or storms.  I think I remember this being one of the climate change predictions....  weather would come in extremes

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 11, 2015, 06:44:25 AM
Raining here. Not real hard but hard enough to be annoying since I can't walk the dog to the park like I want to (he hates the rain). ???

Round 2 with the rain. Koi pair # 2 spawned earlier today. Too bad I still have them in the community tank. ??? >:(

Willie

LizStreithorst

The weather man lied.  He promised big bad storms and lots of rain.  It didn't happen >:(  Now he says that it will be dry except for a chance of rain on the coast.  I want rain.  I have water storage containers crying for it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi all, what a day we have had.  Supposed to have rain this afternoon, a bit.  Well, in about one hour we got 5"!!!!!!  Sorry Liz, I wish you had gotten it too.  And for half hr, we were under a severe tornado warning.  We were home and I kept my eyes looking out all windows the whole time expecting to see one coming straight at us.  It was sunny a couple hours later.  Now several million frogs are croaking in the wetlands behind our lot.  It will be a loud night.  But kind of cool.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on August 11, 2015, 06:46:49 PM
Hi all, what a day we have had.  Supposed to have rain this afternoon, a bit.  Well, in about one hour we got 5"!!!!!!  Sorry Liz, I wish you had gotten it too.  And for half hr, we were under a severe tornado warning.  We were home and I kept my eyes looking out all windows the whole time expecting to see one coming straight at us.  It was sunny a couple hours later.  Now several million frogs are croaking in the wetlands behind our lot.  It will be a loud night.  But kind of cool.
Barb

Glad you came through ok Barb. I had some rain but not nearly as much as you but I have wetlands behind me too. There will be plenty of frogs here too. 8)
Willie