• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 06:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 517
Total: 517

Coffee on Friday===>

Started by Mugwump, July 31, 2015, 05:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....and a good cup it is....MMMmmmm .....I guess we'll take the day as it comes.. ;D....after some water changes.. ;D    it's supposed to be a little cooler, and 70's next week....that will be a good time for some yard work....bushes need trimming again...yada yada....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Just started pot # 2. Going to be a great day. Temps will be high but there is very low humidity. Fishroom work on tap today. it looks like most of my BN fry have been released.

They are already eating a little zucchini and some teenie greenie (at least the smart ones are). The male may be holding a few more in the cave so I'll shake it out later. On second thought he has already been out and about so they may all be out. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I was up at 4 this morning....yawn.... When I don't take the PM meds (benedryl) I do this. When I take them, I wake up groggy and have senior moments through the day. Doc said the other day that they block the acetylcholine in the synapses and the day after there is a "slight hangover effect" which is why the SMs, so I'm quitting them and using melatonin instead. I don't have trouble going to sleep, just going back to sleep when I awake around 3:30AM. I'll get coffee in a little while if I can't drop back off to sleep in a bit.

So I've been catching up here this morning after doing a few real estate things online.

Hope all of you are well.

We've had record number of days with temps over 90 this year and more to come. That's hot for this west side of the Cascade Mountains.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Melatonin doesn't cause that groggy hang over. It can, however, cause what are known as "melatonin dreams".  You'll know what they are if you have them.  8)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

It will be much cooler here today.  92 for the high with lower humidity.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 31, 2015, 08:14:16 AM
Melatonin doesn't cause that groggy hang over. It can, however, cause what are known as "melatonin dreams".  You'll know what they are if you have them.  8)

I take Melatonin too.....love it.....no dream issues, but I dream in color and have wild adventures anyway....LOL....

did ya know?...."" Not only is melatonin safe, it is actually a super healthy supplement. Turns out melatonin is one of the most powerful antioxidants, stronger than Vitamin E and much more effective than Vitamin C as a free-radical scavenger.""
Jon

BallAquatics

Maybe that's what causes the dreams.....  it's those freed radicals  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on July 31, 2015, 10:27:16 AM
Maybe that's what causes the dreams.....  it's those freed radicals  LOL

Dennis

LOL.....freeing them up worked before....... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Wow, it was hot on that tractor today mowing.  I'm ready for a nap.....

Dennis

Ron Sower

I do like waking up non-groggy. I did have a dream the first night I took it. I know we all dream, just don't always remember them. I seldom remember any of them. Anyway, it was a weird dream. None since.

I don't dream in color unless it's one color against the grey/black/white of the rest of the scene.

Several years ago I concentrated on my dreams and when I'd wake up in the night and remembered a dream, I would write it down, or at least make a couple notes and fill in the rest the next day. It was interesting because when I was concentrating on logging the dreams, I could remember at least one almost every day. I get that log out and read it once in a while and it's amazing the clarity with which the vision comes back to me!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron