• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 07:27:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 517
Total: 517

Thanksgiving coffee

Started by Mugwump, November 27, 2014, 07:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...up and at em here, about to start the second pot of coffee  ;D  that first cup was so good  ;D

A little putz'n here this morn'n before we get ready to go to #2's house for the thanksgiving meal. A few fry water changes, and clean ups....and more coffee  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

A little late getting started here. Coffe coming up soon I hope. lol. If not I have to take matters into my own hands. Really had a good time last night and some folks need their sleep. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on November 27, 2014, 08:53:53 AM
A little late getting started here. Coffe coming up soon I hope. lol. If not I have to take matters into my own hands. Really had a good time last night and some folks need their sleep. lol

Sounds like you're with family, and settling in for an easy, most pleasant day.  ;D  enjoy Willie...these are the best of times...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Water changes are done turkey is in the oven and cleaning up the house a bit. I'm the lucky one that gets to host Thanksgiving this year.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on November 27, 2014, 11:57:32 AM
Water changes are done turkey is in the oven and cleaning up the house a bit. I'm the lucky one that gets to host Thanksgiving this year.

It's not so bad....let em help with the clean up after the meal.... ;D....oh, a tip....grab your
leftovers quick....LOL....or you'll never get that turkey/dressing/cranberry sauce sandwich... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

Turkey's in the roaster; Linda's pecan pie is done; cranberry/orange/apple relish was done last night;  I've got the taters peeled, diced and waiting for the right time to boil, mash and season.

Last night was the official "Noodle Night" at our granddaughter's (she's almost 16). Years ago she got involved in making the family traditional egg noodles. Since then it is officially known as Noodle Night! She officially made that proclamation after the first time she was involved and a new twist to Linda's family tradition was born... ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Does anyone here deep fry their turkey??
Jon

Ron Sower

We don't, but have had them in the past. Yummy!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

I was wondering...do you, can you, cook em stuffed???....
Jon

PaulineMi

I googled deep frying a stuffed turkey. Some say yes, Butterball and some others say no. I didn't read articles but one of the no's said it was because the stuffing would get saturated with oil.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 27, 2014, 02:24:31 PM
I googled deep frying a stuffed turkey. Some say yes, Butterball and some others say no. I didn't read articles but one of the no's said it was because the stuffing would get saturated with oil.

Makes sense...never considered that...???
Jon