• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 09:29:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 754
Total: 754

Happy Happy Happy

Started by JR, July 25, 2014, 06:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Got my chair lift in yesterday. Spent the night in the basement with the fish.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Cool.....now you can relax with the fish... ;D  How mobile are you now....hopping or riding?  crutches?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

I can't walk  at all for at least 2 more weeks. Can't put any weight on my leg. Using a wheel chair for now. I am renting two chairs one for the basement and one for upstairs. My son put a ramp at the back door so I can set outside. Will be able to walk on crutches soon I hope, This erector set on my leg feels like a ton.

Mugwump

I hope the upstairs chair is motorized....with all the gear, weighing as much as it does, it would make it a lot easier on you moving around...you could even get the guys at the shop to 'soup' it up a bit....LOL...vroooooom..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

They both are motorized. The only hard part is keeping Ruby and Thor out of the way.

Barb

Glad to hear you are a bit mobile now JR.  I must admit I am glad to find out what erector set means.  My mind had been imagining something completely different.  I didn't know it was part of your leg gear.  ;D ;D ;D
Barb

PaulineMi

Quote from: Barb on July 25, 2014, 08:34:02 AM
Glad to hear you are a bit mobile now JR.  I must admit I am glad to find out what erector set means.  My mind had been imagining something completely different.  I didn't know it was part of your leg gear.  ;D ;D ;D
Barb

That would be a highly customized chair Barb.  :o  It's great to hear you got to spend time in your fishroom and will get to go outdoors soon.  Those are things that will lift your spirits.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

It's great that you got to spend time with your fish. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. I hope it heals quickly for you.
Scott

LizStreithorst

I'm happy for you, JR.  I admire you, too.  You have the right spirit.  This too shall pass.  Better times are on the horizon.  I know from experience. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

JR

Thanks everybody. Barb when I was a kid my father bought me a erector set. You made all kinds of things with it. They have some messed up name for this thing they put on my leg. I can never remember what they call it. It reminds me of the erector set my dad bought me when I was a kid.

Ron Sower

It's good to know that you're coming along ok, JR. 
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron