• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 02:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 637
Total: 637

Tuesday....

Started by Mugwump, January 21, 2014, 05:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...more coffee  ;D it's zero here, with a -5 dew point....high of 5 deg's today...bundle up folks. ;D..colder tonight...remember the GCCA sign up for the Feb 16th swap is tonight at 7 PM.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

It's a balmy 2 here and falling.  Low will be zero,  high of 7.   Last night's news said we're facing a propane shortage.    :o.  You know that means $$$........
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 21, 2014, 05:40:33 AM
It's a balmy 2 here and falling.  Low will be zero,  high of 7.   Last night's news said we're facing a propane shortage.    :o.  You know that means $$$........

yikes !!!!....got a fireplace ?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Gasoline supplies and price fluctuations have made me skeptical.  Not too terribly long ago there were reports of huge propane supplies.    Whatever. Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 21, 2014, 07:45:00 AM
Gasoline supplies and price fluctuations have made me skeptical.  Not too terribly long ago there were reports of huge propane supplies.    Whatever. Lol.

Yes, it dose seem opportune.....same as gas prices around here on football game days, and holidays....it's like magic...LOL...I've learned to fill up ahead of time. ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on January 21, 2014, 07:48:09 AM
....it's like magic...

Actually it's like price gouging and we used to have laws against it.  But we also used to have laws for truth in advertising.....  apparently the studies have shown the insurance companies that we're all too stupid to realize that they can't all offer the cheapest rates.  Greed is certainly going to break this country, the question is just how soon.

I think the saddest part is, we are all in denial.  Our politicians speak of leading the free world, but the only thing that we lead in is the number of citizens we have incarcerated.  On European radio they speak of how the collapse of the USSR showed that certain types of communism simply don't work, and the collapse of the USA shows that greed inevitability prevents pure capitalism from working.

Wouldn't the founding father's be proud of our new mandated health care where the young and healthy are charge exorbitant amounts of money, while the sick and truly needy are told we can't insure you but we will give you a waiver so that you don't suffer any tax penalties.

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 21, 2014, 05:32:51 AM
...more coffee  ;D it's zero here, with a -5 dew point....high of 5 deg's today...bundle up folks. ;D..colder tonight...remember the GCCA sign up for the Feb 16th swap is tonight at 7 PM.

Unfortunately the wind left a 1 foot drift in front of my garage door so I have to move it. It seems like I move the same snow everyday depending on which way the wind is blowing.  I live on a bend in the roadway so I get hit from all sides. ::)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 21, 2014, 09:12:01 AM

Unfortunately the wind left a 1 foot drift in front of my garage door so I have to move it. It seems like I move the same snow everyday depending on which way the wind is blowing.  I live on a bend in the roadway so I get hit from all sides.

Willie I swear that snow drift has taken on a life of its own.  I can just picture that North Wind face blowing the snow around then smirking as
you are out there shovelling.

PaulineMi

Dennis you are absolutely correct.  Unfortunately.

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 21, 2014, 09:39:56 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 21, 2014, 09:12:01 AM

Unfortunately the wind left a 1 foot drift in front of my garage door so I have to move it. It seems like I move the same snow everyday depending on which way the wind is blowing.  I live on a bend in the roadway so I get hit from all sides.

Willie I swear that snow drift has taken on a life of its own.  I can just picture that North Wind face blowing the snow around then smirking as
you are out there shovelling.

That's what I feel like it's doing.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 21, 2014, 09:41:33 AM
Dennis you are absolutely correct.  Unfortunately.

Thank you Pauline.  I guess I'm just having one-of-those-days.  I need to turn off this stupid computer and go look at some fish.....

Dennis