• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 11:21:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 621
Total: 621

A Sunday good morn'n

Started by Mugwump, January 08, 2017, 06:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's very good....another cold morn'n for us, it's 2 deg's with highs in the teens for the day.....40's on Tuesday  huh

.....some water changes early then just putz'n and chill'n....better check the freezer for something to thaw for dinner too... huh

Is it spring yet?....I usually don't mind winter, but for some reason I'm done with this one...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Pot #2 going.....getting another sloooooow start here again.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Good morning all. The coffee is great. Been up for a while so almost finished my pot. It sure is cold with temps in the low teens but with snow covering the ground it feels colder.

Needless to say they did a lousy job of cleaning up the little (5 inches) snow we got yesterday. It's a good thing I didn't wait and did my own snow cleanup when the snow was still soft.

By the time the contractor got around to everything (9:00 pm) the snow that had fallen was frozen solid.

I will probably do some water changes today and I have somebody coming by to pick up some fish.

I am on standby in case Vikki comes up from DC. She has to get her daughter back to school and I may have to take the kid the last leg (25 miles).

The only problem is that the whole family came down with the flu. I had my flu shot but we all know that is not a guaranty that I won't get it. This is one time I really don't want to come to the rescue. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 08, 2017, 06:43:11 AM
Good morning all. The coffee is great. Been up for a while so almost finished my pot. It sure is cold with temps in the low teens but with snow covering the ground it feels colder.

Needless to say they did a lousy job of cleaning up the little (5 inches) snow we got yesterday. It's a good thing I didn't wait and did my own snow cleanup when the snow was still soft.

By the time the contractor got around to everything (9:00 pm) the snow that had fallen was frozen solid.

I will probably do some water changes today and I have somebody coming by to pick up some fish.

I am on standby in case Vikki comes up from DC. She has to get her daughter back to school and I may have to take the kid the last leg (25 miles).

The only problem is that the whole family came down with the flu. I had my flu shot but we all know that is not a guaranty that I won't get it. This is one time I really don't want to come to the rescue. huh

...you don't want that bug, believe me..........we're still fighting it off....blah
Jon

Barb

I got a bad cold Dec 23 and am still having some symptoms, it is taking forever to leave me.  Bill didn't get it, amazingly.  Hope Jon and Jan get over theirs soon.  It is freezing cold and icy here.  But nothing at all compared to most of the country.
Barb

LizStreithorst

It dropped to 19 last night but it's warming up fast.  It's already 28.  I want to do stuff outside today but it will have to warm up more before I get up the guts to go out.  I'm a sissy girl when it comes to the cold.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

The weather is a bit crazy. We went from -3 Friday morning to 43 yesterday afternoon. The snow turned into mud. I'll take the mud and the warmth over the other. Its been about 15 years since it got that cold here.
Dan

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 08, 2017, 06:16:01 AM

Is it spring yet?....I usually don't mind winter, but for some reason I'm done with this one...

That's what hit me this past winter/spring.....that's what drove me here...oh, by the way it's 60 right now.. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|and sunny... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...just finished a short nap......naps help big time... |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

|brr| |brr|  Brrr it's cold here, but I'm loving it!!!   |brr| |brr|

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 08, 2017, 12:05:04 PM
|brr| |brr|  Brrr it's cold here, but I'm loving it!!!   |brr| |brr|

Dennis

....nice addition..... |brr|
Jon