• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:38:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 529
Total: 529

Thursday now

Started by Barb, June 11, 2020, 06:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning all, it is my turn to start off today.  Warm and sunny here, going up to high 80's I hear.  We sure need some rain, the heat dries out my flowers so fast now.  I saw my big bullfrog sitting on a rock by the pond late last night, using a flashlight.  I wish he would come out during the day so I could watch him.  My goldfish are all way too big for his mouth now so he is welcome to stay.  Frogs fine, snakes not welcome.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone else. It is currently 78 degrees and going up to 80. We have a 100% chance of rain today, it is just a matter of when it will start.

I'm getting ready to head out to the dentist to see if there is any chance of saving my tooth/crown. Unfortunately after the crown fell out the tooth that was holding it broke. I don't know if they will be able to build that tooth back up.

If I wasn't so vain I would probably just tell them to pull it but I am a youthful 66 years old and don't plan on letting my appearance go down the drain just yet.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...good morning...!

...woke up at 3:30 after going to sleep after reading til 1:00...couldn't go back to sleep so decided to get up and check things out here...

...I've been working on painting that stupid sandstone fireplace and standing a lot, so when I went to get the gel shots in my knees Tuesday I asked if I should be doing stuff like that after the shots and the nurse said it would probably be a good idea to give them a rest for a couple days after the shots...so I've stayed off my feet a lot...I am working on cleaning up some dragonstone I have left so I can start some more re-creations...The fellow I did the "Alps" re-creation for picked it up the other day...he loved it...i kinda miss working on that project...I'm going to create a smaller one and try to work a specific space for plants to go into...if I get it worked out right, I'll shoot a pic for you...

...we traded in our golf cart for a newer 2017 refurbished model Tuesday...I've been thinking about selling Tweety Bird...the dealership gave me an estimate of about $3200 to repair some issues and I just haven't wanted to spend the money on it, so I've not done anything until the golf cart shop owner took it for a test drive and had his mechanic look at it...the mechanic told him that it didn't need all the work that the dealership quoted...so we took it over to him and left it for him to do the work...might cost less than $1000...then I can get more for it if I decide to sell it...

..our activities director had a "Movie by the Lake Night" last night...Lucy and I went to it...it was the Mr. Rogers movie which I've wanted to see...good flick... we took our camping chairs and sat out under the stars in good social distancing formation!!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Sorry about being late again, folks.  Yesterday evening turned cool with low humidity. I was able to keep the door open all night.  I so much prefer real air to the AC.  I sat out and enjoyed my chickens and my pretty flowers.  Around 10 pm the toothache came back so I popped a couple more prednisone and it hasn't been back since!

Same thing this morning.  Partly cloudy, low humidity and just a slight breeze.  The garden was kind to me this morning and didn't present me with another zucchini.  The plecos and I just can't keep up with the production from the lone plant.  I did harvest my first ripe tomato.  It's a Celebrity and loaded! 

I did 2 dogs earlier and have a bit of money in my pocket.  I need to hit the pharmacy and the supermarket.  I need to buy a whole chicken so that I can make this and use up more of my zucchini!
https://therecipecritic.com/tuscan-vegetable-chicken-stew/
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 11, 2020, 06:43:15 AM
Good morning Barb and everyone else. It is currently 78 degrees and going up to 80. We have a 100% chance of rain today, it is just a matter of when it will start.

I'm getting ready to head out to the dentist to see if there is any chance of saving my tooth/crown. Unfortunately after the crown fell out the tooth that was holding it broke. I don't know if they will be able to build that tooth back up.

If I wasn't so vain I would probably just tell them to pull it but I am a youthful 66 years old and don't plan on letting my appearance go down the drain just yet.

The dentist was able to build up my tooth and put in a new crown The best part of all is that she did it on the house.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

I guess they feel a responsibility for fixing their own work.  Glad you didn't have to pay either.  Barb will be jealous.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 11, 2020, 05:44:23 PM
I guess they feel a responsibility for fixing their own work.  Glad you didn't have to pay either.  Barb will be jealous.

That's what I thought too.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Quote from: wsantia1 on June 11, 2020, 07:07:49 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 11, 2020, 05:44:23 PM

That's what I thought too.

That's the way an honest person should handle their business.  They could have blow both of us off and charged us as we thought would happen, but they didn't because their honest.

Ron Sower

...good for both of you with your dental work... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron