• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:32:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,352
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 927
  • Online ever: 927
  • (Today at 02:17:12 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 914
Total: 915

Saturday's morn'n coffee..

Started by Mugwump, July 09, 2016, 05:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is so very good this morning...MMMmmmm.....cooler today, sunny and clear...high around 80deg's....a perfect day for a short roadie into Lombard for the NADA show, it's about an hours drive.......we'll meet Bob and Gale there....

...I hope that they let me carry my coffee cup in....LOL.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is great this morning. Feeling better now. It looks like it's going to be a great day with temps in the mid 80s and lower humidity. |^| |^| |^|

I really wanted to be at NADA but with everything going on it best to scratch. Probably the last thing I need is to catch the Discus bug.  wfwf wfwf wfwf

Trying to plan out my fall projects. I am curious about the Paraiba and Pinoy pairing. I will pull their next spawn. I also have a pair of Pinoys in the community tank that has a slate that I may pull.

I am only going to keep a maximum of 100 free swimmers from each spawn. That is going be the only way I can grow them " strong like bull" in my current configuration. It will be much easier to cull from their too. mim mim mim
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..I'm starting to reduce the amount of grow out stock too.....I've found if I cull earlier, it's easier.....a good blind dip of the net...but sadly it must be done..

..there still keep too many most times tho.... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 09, 2016, 06:26:09 AM
..I'm starting to reduce the amount of grow out stock too.....I've found if I cull earlier, it's easier.....a good blind dip of the net...but sadly it must be done..

..there still keep too many most times tho.... huh

I think it will be a good way to keep my stocking levels manageable until I see some increased demand. I think my present Koi stock suffered some because I kept too many. huh
Willie

Mugwump

We're back from NADA.. ;D....Liz, Barb, Dottie, Josie, etal say 'HI' to you all....I have to say that they have some great looking discus there...

..We met up with Bob and Gale and then found them all...chatted a bit, then Liz, Jan, Bob, Gale, and I, went over to Portillo's for lunch..good chow, great company......it doesn't get much better than that... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Here's a few pics...I tried to get a different back ground on them so you could see the room a bit more...

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 09, 2016, 04:17:47 PM
We're back from NADA.. ;D....Liz, Barb, Dottie, Josie, etal say 'HI' to you all....I have to say that they have some great looking discus there...

..We met up with Bob and Gale and then found them all...chatted a bit, then Liz, Jan, Bob, Gale, and I, went over to Portillo's for lunch..good chow, great company......it doesn't get much better than that... |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|

Here's a few pics...I tried to get a different back ground on them so you could see the room a bit more...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Italian beef & sausage is my ticket at Portillo's.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Ron Sower

For me, and those others that may have not met any of you, Mugs would you ID the people in the top photo left to right so I can put names and faces together?

And the only lady in the 3rd photo down?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Sounds like you all had a great time!  |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 09, 2016, 05:48:55 PM
For me, and those others that may have not met any of you, Mugs would you ID the people in the top photo left to right so I can put names and faces together?

Perhaps I could help with those names.

First photo: Captain Bob is in front in the black. Hidden by Capt. Bob is Gale in the blue. In red is Jan. And that would be Josie in the yellow on the far right.

Second: Capt. Bob. And, in the middle, now that you can see her face, that's Gale (Mrs Capt Bob). And Jan (wiggs).

The only lady in the third photo: That would be the one, the only, . . . . . . Liz.

Last photo: Jan, Gale and Bob.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on July 09, 2016, 06:14:01 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on July 09, 2016, 05:48:55 PM

Perhaps I could help with those names.

First photo: Captain Bob is in front in the black. Hidden by Capt. Bob is Gale in the blue. In red is Jan. And that would be Josie in the yellow on the far right.

Second: Capt. Bob. And, in the middle, now that you can see her face, that's Gale (Mrs Capt Bob). And Jan (wiggs).

The only lady in the third photo: That would be the one, the only, . . . . . . Liz.

Last photo: Jan, Gale and Bob.

...yup.........thanks, Bob  |^| |^| ;D ;D |^| |^|
Jon