• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 09:34:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 518
Total: 518

Thursday coffee

Started by Mugwump, July 07, 2016, 06:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....the coffee is wonderful this morn'n...MMmmmmm

..an even hotter day on tap here....and more big boomers expected later on today...

..errands and putz'n early....then maybe headed down towards NADA....weather permitting.....the traffic will be absurd if it's raining or storming...blah

...I can see going tomorrow as a better idea, we'll see... huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Things got off to a rocky start this morning. I took Kobe to the park very early (6:15) in order to beat the heat. As I got out of the car I got distracted and I locked my keys in the car. huh It was already 81 degrees so my biggest concern was my dog. :(

Luckily I had the cell phone in my pocket and was able to call AAA. They told me they would be there within the hour. Before I could hang up the phone the driver was on the other line and said he was just leaving his house and could get to me in 15 minutes. |^| |^| |^| This was enough time to get a short walk in for Kobe (which was my intention anyway)

The driver arrived on time and it took him 30 seconds to open my door. This is the quickest response to a call that I ever got from AAA. |^| |^| |^|

When I got home the coffee tasted extra special. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 07, 2016, 07:15:43 AM
Things got off to a rocky start this morning. I took Kobe to the park very early (6:15) in order to beat the heat. As I got out of the car I got distracted and I locked my keys in the car. huh It was already 81 degrees so my biggest concern was my dog. :(

Luckily I had the cell phone in my pocket and was able to call AAA. They told me they would be there within the hour. Before I could hang up the phone the driver was on the other line and said he was just leaving his house and could get to me in 15 minutes. |^| |^| |^| This was enough time to get a short walk in for Kobe (which was my intention anyway)

The driver arrived on time and it took him 30 seconds to open my door. This is the quickest response to a call that I ever got from AAA. |^| |^| |^|

That's one of the reasons that I like the key fob......I can lock the car with keys in hand....yep, that's a heck of a fast response....wow |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 07, 2016, 07:20:47 AM

That's one of the reasons that I like the key fob......I can lock the car with keys in hand....yep, that's a heck of a fast response....wow |^|

Unfortunately I had my 2003 Altima at the time. My RAV 4 is keyless entry.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 07, 2016, 08:01:22 AM

Well, if you intend to keep it til it goes?....you can have a fob added...I believe....?...remote start too..
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 07, 2016, 08:06:07 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 07, 2016, 08:01:22 AM

Well, if you intend to keep it til it goes?....you can have a fob added...I believe....?...remote start too..

I may only keep it another year. It has 170K miles on it and I don't want to put any more money into it. I only use it to take the dog to the park and that is a 7 mile round trip when I do. For everything else I use the RAV which has 9.5K miles on it. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Ron Sower

Fastest response time I've heard of too!

Grey again today although yesterday turned off nice in the afternoon with some sunshine! Raining here now and 65.

Our friend in AZ who convinced us to look at the park where we bought dropped by this morning (They're up here now because his wife's son is having a lot of chemo and radiation and she helps out getting him to treatments during the week while the wife is working.) As we sat there visiting and drinking coffee, I started thinking about how much we have to get done and wishing I could get on to it. Then I thought, wait a minute, this is a really good friend and friends and family are the most important things in the world.

As we chatted about what we're going to do to add space to our tiny home, he said if we wanted to expand the little detached utility room on the deck next to the house and make it larger  and attach it to the house, that he would do it for a lot less than a contractor had quoted me. He's going to need the money and I've seen the wonderful finish work he's done, so it's going to work out great for both of us. We'll work together and won't have to be in a huge hurry and it'll save us a ton of money.  Plus I really like the guy. He's so easy going and especially polite in a non-formal way.

So my coffee visit was especially good today....!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron