• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 05:00:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 480
Total: 480

Wednesday's good coffee...

Started by Mugwump, March 09, 2016, 07:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...coffee is really good....50's already...high around 60 today......kind of dreary looking out there now...

..some putz'n today....some water changes, etc...then chill'n out....we do gave a few errands to run tho....

I think it's time for pot #2  |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Pot # 1 down the hatch and it was surely good. Going up to 80 today and tomorrow. Was in the mid 70s yesterday. I guess I will have to get the shorts out.

Lots on the plate today including WCs, errands and moving some stuff (big) around the fishroom. Hopefully I get a chance to spend some relaxing time outside.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...errands done....and did a bunch of water changes... plus a couple loads of wash....now I'm chill'n out...still tired from the travel'n the last few days.....

..the sun left us and now it's a cool, dank, drizzling day.....nap time maybe.. |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Let me tell you about this crazy day...I was to receive Discus priority over night today so I rescheduled my 2 every Wed. dogs for tomorrow and only took a couple of easy dogs for the morning.  I checked FedEx tracking first thing this morning and the fish had been stuck in Memphis since 10:30 last night.  Then Ryan called and told me that there were severe storms in Memphis and the plane couldn't leave, that the fish would arrive tomorrow.  I called all my customers and the ones that had I had switched to tomorrow and they were happy to come today.  Then the dang box arrived at 12:30.  I called Ryan and told them that they had arrived but I had a shop full of dogs and I wouldn't be able to run them home for several hours.  He called me back an hour and a half later and asked if I was sure the box was from him.  His FedEx rep just called him and told them that my fish were being put on the plane.   FedEx's tracking is down too.  They are totally screwed up!  They didn't know what was where!

I finally got the fish home.  I couldn't see if they were alive at the shop because of the black plastic liner.  They are alive and well and swimming in their Qt tank.  All's well that ends well.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 09, 2016, 04:14:17 PM
Let me tell you about this crazy day...I was to receive Discus priority over night today so I rescheduled my 2 every Wed. dogs for tomorrow and only took a couple of easy dogs for the morning.  I checked FedEx tracking first thing this morning and the fish had been stuck in Memphis since 10:30 last night.  Then Ryan called and told me that there were severe storms in Memphis and the plane couldn't leave, that the fish would arrive tomorrow.  I called all my customers and the ones that had I had switched to tomorrow and they were happy to come today.  Then the dang box arrived at 12:30.  I called Ryan and told them that they had arrived but I had a shop full of dogs and I wouldn't be able to run them home for several hours.  He called me back an hour and a half later and asked if I was sure the box was from him.  His FedEx rep just called him and told them that my fish were being put on the plane.   FedEx's tracking is down too.  They are totally screwed up!  They didn't know what was where!

I finally got the fish home.  I couldn't see if they were alive at the shop because of the black plastic liner.  They are alive and well and swimming in their Qt tank.  All's well that ends well.

I am happy for you that it all worked out.  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 09, 2016, 04:14:17 PM

Wonderful news!!...how do they look?....I'll bet they're settling in already  |^|

..as for any of the carriers....their tracking sites are mostly all screwed up.....all the time....  wfwf
Jon

wsantia1

This spike in the temps sure set off the fireworks in my fishroom. I have at least 3 new spawns with another couple of pairs feeling their oats. huh

It's a good thing all but one pair (Blue Marbles) are in community tanks. I promised the Blue Marbles they can keep this spawn for themselves. lol  |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

You can't imagine the stress that Ryan and I went through.  He donated these fish to Simply.  They didn't make him money, they cost him money.  If they'd died they would not have been replaceable.  I've been looking for this strain for ever.  On top of that they are top quality Discus.

The fish look magnificent.  They are young, but they're very close to breeding age.  Although they are big they haven't bulked out yet which would help at the NADA show.  The best age to a show Discus  2 years.  My guess is that these are around 14 months.  I'll have one at the show, though.  Any of them could hold their heads up proudly at a NADA show.  I am absolutely delighted.

BTW, Ryan is a great guy.  All the stress was on him but he was the one who kept me calm.  He posted on simply that this was the strangest shipping experience he had ever had, and that he was going to take a Xanax and go to bed.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 09, 2016, 05:18:09 PM
You can't imagine the stress that Ryan and I went through.  He donated these fish to Simply.  They didn't make him money, they cost him money.  If they'd died they would not have been replaceable.  I've been looking for this strain for ever.  On top of that they are top quality Discus.

The fish look magnificent.  They are young, but they're very close to breeding age.  Although they are big they haven't bulked out yet which would help at the NADA show.  The best age to a show Discus  2 years.  My guess is that these are around 14 months.  I'll have one at the show, though.  Any of them could hold their heads up proudly at a NADA show.  I am absolutely delighted.

BTW, Ryan is a great guy.  All the stress was on him but he was the one who kept me calm.  He posted on simply that this was the strangest shipping experience he had ever had, and that he was going to take a Xanax and go to bed.

I don't blame him....good fish keepers worry there butts off watching the tracking..........it drives me nuts.....as it does the folks here at the forum....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 09, 2016, 06:11:49 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 09, 2016, 05:18:09 PM

I don't blame him....good fish keepers worry there butts off watching the tracking..........it drives me nuts.....as it does the folks here at the forum....

+1
Willie

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron