• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 22, 2024, 12:15:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,363
  • Total Topics: 18,545
  • Online today: 759
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 749
Total: 750

Freedom soon!

Started by LizStreithorst, January 30, 2014, 09:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It was 10 degrees this morning at 6 am.  I have never ever seen it get so cold here.  But it's already 28 and predicted to hit 50 later this after noon!  I'll be on my way into Ellisville to check on the shop in a couple more hours.  Maybe when I get back home I'll have parents caring for free swimmers.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Wonderful on both things....drive careful, watch out for the slow melting ice....and good luck with the spawn ..  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Quotedrive careful, watch out for the slow melting ice

Yes. Wet ice can be very slippery.

LizStreithorst

Freedom was wonderful!  Went to the shop and all was well there.  Spoke to 3 people I know.  Two had cabin fever like me.  One hated it because her husband was home.  Another enjoyed it because her husband was home.  Got beer!!!!!!  Went to the supermarket.  Collards with smoked pig tails for dinner tonight.  Very ethnic and very very good.  Got horse feed at the feed store.  They were out of hay and I fed up my last this morning.  The horses will make it.  The hay will be in tomorrow.  Paid bills which was kind of a kick in the head since January has been a total disaster, but I got 'em paid.  Got 3 dogs on the books for tomorrow which is better than none by a factor of three.  Overall, it was a nice day.

No free swimmers yet.  I think it takes Angels a day more than it takes Discus.  I always guess a day too soon with Angels.

And y'all were right about the ice.  Out here in the sticks things must thaw more slowly.  The guy driving in front of me fish tailed driving over the Leaf River bridge.  I was raised in the north so I know how to do short stretches of ice.

Mugwump

Yep, especially bridges...there's no earth under them to insulate, and help against icing...toss in a bit of wind going under/over it....boomba.....slickety slick slick...

Glad all's well, and that ya the beer... ;D....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Freedom for me today finally.  But ice on the roads everywhere.  Slushy though.  I will be very careful and drive our SUV instead of my small car.  I have NO experience on ice driving.  All our roads have deep ditches on each side to channel off rain water since we are so flat here and only a few feet above sea level.  The thought of sliding into a ditch is very scary.  Most ditches are 2-3' but some are way deeper.
Barb

Mugwump

....be safe out there.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Be careful, Barb.  Slush is OK.  Watch out for places it looks wet and smooth.  There's sometimes a layer of ice under the wet.