• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 08:24:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 751
Total: 751

Happy Friday

Started by wsantia1, June 30, 2023, 06:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. Lots of folks are extending the weekend by taking today and Monday off heading into the 4th of July. That means traffic around here will be miserable as people drive through heading to and from the beaches.

I don't have many plans this weekend but I'll probably drop a slab of ribs on the grill. I actually have enough grilling food to throw a decent sized party if I felt like it. That would only get in the way of the work I have to do in the fish room and around the house. Next weekend is more important to me because I'll be going to  NYC for my daughter's birthday party.

Barb will be working at the aquarium on Saturday. What are the rest of you doing?

Have a great day everyone and I'll check in with you all later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Happy Friday to you, Willie?  I wonder if you have the same problem as I have?  For me, the day time, when I used to be able to get more done than I would ever imagine, these days is like 5 hrs long.  All I've done today is run to Ellisville to my kind beer store for beer and nicotine supplies, make a quick stop at the supermarket to stock up on Blue Bell ice cream that was on sale with their app, and make a couple of phone calls to the vet, Dixie Electric, and the pain doctor's nurse.  Now I've got lunch in the oven, then it will be nap time, then nap time (necessary for my back). then WC time  and then I'm whupped for the day.  All of a sudden it will be 6 o'clock and I will be too tired to do anything else.  I guess it's all the sitting down on the sofa in the fish room that I have to do, again to rest my back, is what takes up all the time.  Of course I know it's not normal to be pooped by 6 pm either.  Every day is a variation of that.  Tomorrow will be feed store day and Sunday will be my main grocery shopping day. 

I got some good news yesterday...I got a card in the mail about potentially getting better SS benefits.  I usually throw that junk away because it's obviously someone wanting to sell me something but this one looked legit so I called.  The lady I spoke to was able to put me on a different Humana plan that would cost me less, and give me $3,000. dental included.  What a Godsend.  I'm tired of being almost toothless.  I'll be able to be "toothful"!

The past two days didn't post in the morning and was just too wore out to do it in the afternoon.  Yesterday, Lowell came by and pulled blood on big head.  I had to hold him, and although I was tired and it was a bit of a struggle, we got it done.  The day before I dug up the place where I want to plant a thornless blackberry and transplant a young Blueberry.  Since the soil was bare until then, I sewed some Marigolds and  zinnia's in the bed.  I did it in the morning when it was still almost cool but still, after WC I was tuckered.
Always move forward. Never look back.