• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 11:06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 852
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Arboretum visit yesterday

Started by Ron Sower, July 21, 2017, 10:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Yesterday we went to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum...it was wonderful trip for 2 reasons....1) the plants there were fantastic; cacti and succulents from all over the world....2) I wore my new VERY expensive sandals and we walked 1.5 miles and my feet and sciatic nerve gave me very little pain...!!! |^|

...Thompson was a millionaire that made his during the time of the Carnegies, Mellons, etc were doing their thing...he came out to Az to look at the copper mines he'd bought and fell in love with the state and determined he would make an area for people to enjoy and learn about the desert plants and wildlife...he did a good job...

...we will be going back...!

...if you're interested...  https://arboretum.ag.arizona.edu/
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

Years ago, I forget where it was, I went to a place where they had a butterfly room. It was full of exotic plants and butterflies of all colors flying around. Imagine having your own butterfly room.
Dan

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Okay...gotta download them from phone to computer first though....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 22, 2017, 07:33:30 PM
Okay...gotta download them from phone to computer first though....

.....cool  8)
Jon

Ron Sower

A few shots from my phone...
...Boyce Thompson's home built to view the valley...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

another cactus...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

and 2 more...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...nice pics!!....thank you for sharing... |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

I'll share more when I download from my Canon....it's just a process to download then reduce the sizes to upload....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on July 23, 2017, 02:30:05 PM
I'll share more when I download from my Canon....it's just a process to download then reduce the sizes to upload....

......slickpic stores them and sizes automatically....just upload and share the link  |^|

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on July 23, 2017, 02:39:07 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on July 23, 2017, 02:30:05 PM

......slickpic stores them and sizes automatically....just upload and share the link  |^|
I'll have to look at that...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron