• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 07:27:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 541
Total: 541

Tuesday coffee...

Started by Mugwump, March 07, 2017, 05:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Rain stormed all night...really windy, noisy......but the coffee is very good this morn'n  |^|....and storms are pretty much clearing out of the area......hopefully it'll turn into a nice day...

..fish room putz'n for me this morning....some water changes, and tidying up....I have a pair with fry close to free swim....this pair has gotten better at it with each spawn.... |^|..

...other than that, we'll take the day as it goes along.....

,,now, of course, time for more coffee.... ;)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Coffee is good. Throat is sore so maybe that's why coffee is not great. It rained most of the night and will start up again very soon. They are talking rain most of the day with temps getting up onto the 60s. huh

Will take the day as it comes. Mostly relaxing and trying not to talk.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 07, 2017, 06:15:08 AM
Coffee is good. Throat is sore so maybe that's why coffee is not great. It rained most of the night and will start up again very soon. They are talking rain most of the day with temps getting up onto the 60s. huh

Will take the day as it comes. Mostly relaxing and trying not to talk.

I hope you're not catching that crappy bug that's been going around........rest up....naps help too...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...seems Willie and I are the only ones up and about today....... huh

...good news...the sun is out......bad news...the freak'n wind is howl'n..... wfwf
Jon

Ron Sower

...oh, I've been up...actually earlier than usual today...I wanted to make some celery sticks with pimento cheese spread that I made a day or so ago for our block party today...then did a write up for the Chicken Pooping Bingo for next year's Spring Flingers... |^|...I may do it again...it was fun!

...coffee good...excellent actually...it was regular and bolder today...helps keep MEregular too!... |^|

...some snowbirds have started leaving already...will miss them...but it's also gonna be nice and quiet in the summer with just us Desert Rats left behind here... 8) :P 8)

...taking Murf to get groomed today...then the grocery store...then the block party lunch...then an organizational meeting for next year's Spring Fling...I sure am sorry I missed that meeting when they voted for the chairpersons for next year...!  wfwf wfwf  but I guess with 6 of us it'll be okay...!  |^|

...then later, a trip to the pool and hot tub with a good ol' Jack Daniels on ice...! mim
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

...you're staying pretty busy.....when does retirement kick in.... huh.....got a hammock up yet?... |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Yep same here, up at 5:35AM.  Playing with the fish, researching a ToughBook for a friend, catching up on emails, etc....

Even found a killer set of computer speakers out in the fish room...  up on a top shelf buried behind some USPS boxes.  Gordon never sounded better  LOL

https://youtu.be/ydiCGmtIRWk

It's been a tough day, but I'm trying to stay busy.

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on March 07, 2017, 11:15:45 AM
...you're staying pretty busy.....when does retirement kick in.... huh.....got a hammock up yet?... |^|
...Ha! thought I was retired...! huh...it does drive me crazy though to just sit around...that's why I'm thinking more seriously about a fish room,...but I have to have a club or something to get rid of the plant and fish progeny... 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on March 07, 2017, 02:23:53 PM
...Ha! thought I was retired...! huh...it does drive me crazy though to just sit around...that's why I'm thinking more seriously about a fish room,...but I have to have a club or something to get rid of the plant and fish progeny... 8)

http://www.desertaquaristsociety.com/

http://fins.actwin.com/fish/dir/clubs.php?c=1&r=20

..a link for the stores at the bottom too...
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on March 07, 2017, 02:32:56 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on March 07, 2017, 02:23:53 PM

http://www.desertaquaristsociety.com/

http://fins.actwin.com/fish/dir/clubs.php?c=1&r=20

..a link for the stores at the bottom too...
I checked out DAS prior to moving here. I think I will check out the ARK soon, since I'm thinking about raising Killies as an option. I think I can raise fry in small places.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron