• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 06:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 185
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 79
Total: 79

Wonderful Wednesday

Started by LizStreithorst, May 08, 2024, 12:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

They're throwing me out of this joint tomorrow or Friday.  I was determined to get out of here in less than 2 weeks and I will!  Personally, I don't think I'm quite ready, living alone and all, but Humana says I'm ready so that means I am.  My nieghtbors have offered to help me when I need help so I'll manage.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

That's good news, Liz. Most people hate to be in the hospital. Just take it easy when you get home and don't hesitate to rely on your neighbors when you need help. I'm sure that you would be there for them in their time of need. Wishing you get well soon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Yep, that's great news Liz!  This old age thing sucks...

Last Friday morning, I met up with the old timers I worked with at Home Depot for breakfast.  I was telling them about how great I had been feeling and my up-comming treatment appointment.

Later that day, one of the bikes fell on me in the garage and I've been all screwed up for the last week.  Could hardly get in and out of bed.  I'm thinking I'll be all better in another week.

The worst thing, at least I think it's the worst thing, is how I've got all these plans, and I just keep getting further and further behind because of little health problems cropping up.

I may have already waited too dam long to do some of the things I had planned.  I'm hoping that's not the case, I guess time will tell.

Ron Sower

Hi guys and gals!

I hope you got, or get, home okay Liz. We have a lady here in our community that I've been helping get to the docs and so forth. She lives alone, but there are a bunch of us helping her with all this. She's the one who had her knee replacement replaced. Your neighbors will be good to you, I'm sure. And your animals will be happy to have you home.

So far I've been fortunate. Aches and pains are a little less now that it's warming up. I do have tingling and numbness in my left hand, though, that is a nuisance. Doc recommends PT for it if I don't want surgery on my neck. We'll see.

Got a call recently from my old neighborhood in Florence. Someone died and they want me to get the aquarium out of the house. I'll be doing that tomorrow morning. Then picking up fish in the opposite direction in the afternoon. I'll spend the rest of the day/evening acclimating fish!

Our trip to Sedona was a lot of fun. The other couple was easy to travel with. We played a lot of card games when not sight-seeing or eating! We're starting to plan a trip with them to the Old Tucson/Tombstone/Bisbee areas next month. They own a two-person appliance service business and can arrange long weekends away which is good.

Lucy had a husband die of a heart attack - totally unexpected. She has taught me not to put off things you want to do because you may not get to do them.

Thinking of you, Barb, Willie, and Liz, and your aging animals. I know how tough it is for our little buddies to get old.

Take care you guys and gals.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron