• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 05:18:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 232
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 164
Total: 165

Ta Da !!!!!,,,it's Monday

Started by Mugwump, February 13, 2017, 06:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 13, 2017, 04:33:53 PM
Don't forget about the Bristlenose :-*

I haven't forgotten.   ;)  I'll try to get some moved inside to a warmer place...  by the time it's warm enough to ship, I should have a proven pair... at least that will be the plan!!!   |^|

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 13, 2017, 05:10:00 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 13, 2017, 04:33:53 PM
Don't forget about the Bristlenose :-*

I haven't forgotten.   ;)  I'll try to get some moved inside to a warmer place...  by the time it's warm enough to ship, I should have a proven pair... at least that will be the plan!!!   |^|

Dennis

.....what kind bn?.....no smooch here.....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 13, 2017, 05:20:55 PM
.....what kind bn?.....no smooch here.....LOL

Ancistrus sp. "Pucallpa Gold" .....   :-*

https://youtu.be/sakGn42GknM

Dennis

Mugwump

...nice looking pair.......good luck.... (())
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Ancistrus sp. "Pucallpa Gold". These are albinos of original wild caught Ancistrus sp pucallpa. They have a rich golden color.
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on February 13, 2017, 07:52:52 PM
Ancistrus sp. "Pucallpa Gold". These are albinos of original wild caught Ancistrus sp pucallpa. They have a rich golden color.

That be them!!!  Stephan got the albinos from some wilds he had.  Ingo Id'd the wilds on one of his visits to the US.  Stephan used to have a right-up on the old website.....  I'll see if I can find it.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Dang, I didn't know that they were special.  They're special!  I just fell in love with them because of they way they look and because they are a hoot to watch spawn.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 13, 2017, 08:03:05 PM
Dang, I didn't know that they were special.  They're special!  I just fell in love with them because of they way they look and because they are a hoot to watch spawn.

I really like the way they look too.  I have some on dark substrate that are a nice rich orange color.  Like most fish, they try to blend in so the darker the substrate, the richer the colors.

The ones in the video, I have on a course black gravel too.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

The fact that fish like to blend in is the main reason we don't use black in Discus.

Every time I use gravel I end up sucking it into my pump during WC.  When you visit remind me to show you my impeller.  I can't believe that the poor pump still works so well!  I don't mind painting my bottoms or sides black though.  Imagine how beautiful my Blue Platinum Angels would look against black.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 13, 2017, 08:27:33 PM
.....  Imagine how beautiful my Blue Platinum Angels would look against black.

They would be stunning wouldn't they!!!  I know guys who do paint their tank bottoms, and others who swear by the old slate bottom tanks.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

The slate bottom would be best.  Lots of nooks and crannies that I bet the snots would like.  Alas, I don't have that.

BallAquatics

I usually set my tanks on cardboard painted black or a charcoal grey.  You can paint the shelf boards too.  I do the same for the background.  Just have never been a fan of painting tanks.....

Dennis