• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 02:44:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,354
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 797
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 796
Total: 797

Sept GCCA swap meet

Started by Mugwump, August 13, 2015, 06:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 11, 2015, 08:36:45 PM
Hey, I'm not stuck in the corner. I hope everyone can find me.

No you're not....you're table 46.....middle table row towards the back windows.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

I read it wrong too,says NOT stuck in the corner.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on September 12, 2015, 06:14:28 AM
I read it wrong too,says NOT stuck in the corner.

I'm just agreeing..... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Personally, I've never noticed placement being a big deal.  The past couple of events, I have requested a back of the room, corner table just so I can tend the table and still take photos for the club website & newsletter.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 12, 2015, 08:03:24 AM
Personally, I've never noticed placement being a big deal.  The past couple of events, I have requested a back of the room, corner table just so I can tend the table and still take photos for the club website & newsletter.

Dennis

The GCCA swap room is as big(ger) than a large gymnasium...LOL....you can get lost in a corner fairly easily ....we're talking around 70 vendors per swap, some having 2 to 3 tables each.....granted that folks who know you will seek out your table tho....

Also note that at times you can't see the table across the aisle from you....it can get really crowded....(and that's just the main room) ;D
Jon

Rjb3

Location is a big deal. Ask the vendors that get the same tables just inside the door at every swap. Their regular customers would find them if they were stuck in the corner. But lots of new customers don't look. I've watched them cut the corner, walk past, and not even look.