• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 10:41:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 433
Total: 433

Friday??

Started by Mugwump, July 04, 2014, 05:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Jan's been off since Wednesday, my day clock isn't working right....yesterday was Sunday....oh well, the coffee's just magnificent this morning....just awesome, heading for another refill right now.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

What brand of coffee do you drink Jon?
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on July 04, 2014, 07:57:22 AM
Barb

Maxwell House.....MMmmmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 04, 2014, 08:06:49 AM
Barb

I like Maxwell House too.  No winder I drank so much coffee that last I visited.  LOL.  ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 04, 2014, 08:09:02 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 04, 2014, 08:06:49 AM
Barb

I like Maxwell House too.  No winder I drank so much coffee that last I visited.  LOL.  ;D

"Good to the last drop"..... 8)
Jon

b125killer

I know what you mean by your day clock isn't working. I'm always up all night and sleep during the day. I keep this sleep scheduled as close to what I can on the weekends. that way I'm not falling asleep at work. The past two days I have been up at 6:30 am. yesterday I feel asleep around 1 am and got up today at 7:30 am. I know it's going to be a long hard night when I go back to work. I'll try and get back into my "normal sleep routine" but it's hard when I have so much time off work. 
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on July 04, 2014, 09:32:14 AM
I know what you mean by your day clock isn't working. I'm always up all night and sleep during the day. I keep this sleep scheduled as close to what I can on the weekends. that way I'm not falling asleep at work. The past two days I have been up at 6:30 am. yesterday I feel asleep around 1 am and got up today at 7:30 am. I know it's going to be a long hard night when I go back to work. I'll try and get back into my "normal sleep routine" but it's hard when I have so much time off work.

I always had a problem with your kind of schedule Scott.  I never could sleep much during the day. ???
Willie

Mugwump

I worked 10:30 PM - 7:00 AM for about 7 years....never got used to daytime sleeping....usually ended up popping 6pk+ to make me sleep...........not a good solution really....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on July 04, 2014, 11:08:49 AM
I worked 10:30 PM - 7:00 AM for about 7 years....never got used to daytime sleeping....usually ended up popping 6pk+ to make me sleep...........not a good solution really....

I think that's an excellent solution!  Beer cures most ills.

My work schedule is normal now, but in the past I've worked until 2 am and then gone for breakfast with friends,  gotten up at 3:30  AM to be at work by 4:30, and gotten up at 5 to be on the construction site by 7.  I acclimated to all of them except the one I had to get up for at 3:30.  If that hadn't been such a crappy job in every way I'd have gotten used to it, too. 

A note to everybody...Always over tip your breakfast waitress and your hotel maid.  Those people work hard and don't make much.  A good tip is celebrated.  I know from experience.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I'm a good tipper, and those folks remember who tip's good too......I tip for service, the cook can screw up a dish once in awhile...but that's not on the waitress......but a rotten waitress will get the message quickly too....
Jon

JR

The shift I liked the most was 2nd when I was young. 3pm to 11pm.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

wsantia1

Quote from: JR on July 04, 2014, 03:17:37 PM
The shift I liked the most was 2nd when I was young. 3pm to 11pm.

That was my favorite shift too when I was young. ;D
Willie

LizStreithorst

I loved 4 PM to 2 AM when I was tending bar at a busy joint.  I loved the pressure.  When I was not busy, I hated it.  I sucked at  entertaining customers.  In my mind I was there to pour a ton of booze and keep my waitresses happy.  The waitresses tipped me well because I did a good job as far as they were concerned.  I have fond memories of my bar tending days.  I decided when I was still young to get out of it.  I saw that there was no future in it for an older woman.  For once I followed my head rather than my heart, thank God.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 04, 2014, 05:36:38 PM
I loved 4 PM to 2 AM when I was tending bar at a busy joint.  I loved the pressure.  When I was not busy, I hated it.  I sucked at  entertaining customers.  In my mind I was there to pour a ton of booze and keep my waitresses happy.  The waitresses tipped me well because I did a good job as far as they were concerned.  I have fond memories of my bar tending days.  I decided when I was still young to get out of it.  I saw that there was no future in it for an older woman.  For once I followed my head rather than my heart, thank God.

I'm thinking of the movie 'Coyote ugly', and you and John Goodman are dancing on the bar.....LOL...

Jon