• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 09:18:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 576
Total: 576

I can't wait until Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, July 03, 2014, 05:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I have made my holiday plans.  I will ignore the house which is always covered in dog hair and dust from them having had a good roll in a puddle.  I will ignore the outside which still has a huge number of limbs down from the tree removal. 

I will spend the day with the fish.  I will make all the tanks squeaky clean.  They'll get a HUGE WC.  I'll move fish around and get Ed's kids set up in the fish room.  (I still have them in the kitchen QT tank.  They passed the test with the sacrificial lamb I introduced after NADA.  I will make that tank clean but not sterile for my new Discus that will be here Tuesday.  I swear once you have been through what I have been through you just can't make yourself lax when it comes to QT.  I'll let the new lady get accustomed to the tank and after a few days, introduce her to her new lover.

I'm getting ahead of myself...Tomorrow I will take pics of the fish I want to sell.  I have all these breeding age hb's and younger ones I want to sell.  I always net a fish out and put it on a damp towel and stick a tape under it because I want people to know exactly what they can expect rather than take my word for it.  I need to sell on Aqua Bid.  (I hate it, but alas, it's a fact of life)

For the people here, when I have a pair form that I like, I will give them a love nest of their own and when they have youngen's give them away for the price of shipping to our members.

I've told my story of the virus and what I went through for over a year.  God knows I suffered.  But I kept plugging on despite the pain.  I can finally see a bright light.  It's great to be excited about fish again.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Well I'm happy for you that you've gotten over that hurdle.  That is very generous offer to the members.  I wish you much luck.  ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I'm happy for you also, and it's time for you to begin the next chapter in your fish breeding adventures,,,this will be a good phase, full of excitement, and accomplishment.......couldn't happen to a nicer person.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on July 03, 2014, 07:28:09 PM
.....couldn't happen to a nicer person.. ;D

Are you poking fun or telling the truth, Mug?  You've seen both sides of me.  You know better than anyone here how I am when I smell a rat ;)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 03, 2014, 07:53:06 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on July 03, 2014, 07:28:09 PM
.....couldn't happen to a nicer person.. ;D

Are you poking fun or telling the truth, Mug?  You've seen both sides of me.  You know better than anyone here how I am when I smell a rat ;)

I don't use compliments lightly........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

And I don't accept a compliments easily.  Thanks, Mug.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 03, 2014, 08:00:22 PM
And I don't accept a compliments easily.  Thanks, Mug.

;D............
Jon

PaulineMi

Liz you're describing the blood sweat and tears part of what I respect about breeders who are trying to produce the best possible specimens in any species of animal.  When success is achieved it's pure joy.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

Sounds like a good plan. Glad you have made it thru the bad times and ready to get rolling again.

Mugwump

We're expecting lots of pics from the newly wed couple too.... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Be patient on the newly wed Discus.  I get the female Tuesday and she needs to stay in QT for observation for at least 5 days before I put the love of her life with her.  Then I have to wait another week before I move them to their love next with RO water and a ceramic object to lay their eggs on.

I have some nice hb pairs wanting to get it on.  I see one pair I really like.  There is a 3rd fish involved that has kinda wide fins.  I need to keep an eye on that one.  I don't think that she is what y'all call wide finned but the fins are wider and a tad longer than the standard finned fish in the tank.  Will pictures of Angelfish keep you satisfied for a while?

Let's change the subject now.  Too many compliments in too short a time makes me feel uncomfortable.  Thank you all. 

LizStreithorst

Today has been great even though I won't accomplish the pictures.  I have 3 more large tanks to clean and 7 sponges to squeeze.  All the Magnum's are clean with fresh filters.  I moved a ton of fish.  I got the QT tank ready for my man's new lady.  I separated the male from the communal Discus tank into a tank of his own.  I wanting him yearning for companionship when I introduce him to his fine lady.

I've spent all day taking my time, looking at fish, doing satisfying fish chores, and thinking about only fish.  I'm back to work now :D

Barb

Sounds like a good day Liz.  Can you send me your easy peasy BBS method?  My angel pair is getting ready to do it again in their own love nest.  Jon, this is the white/blue pearlscale male and the blue/black marble female.  I will let you and Liz advise me...
Barb