• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 10:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 428
Total: 428

Thursday....

Started by Mugwump, July 03, 2014, 06:10:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.good coffee, nice cool morning, Jr eating like a pig....and Scott dropping down later....a good day...for now, more coffee.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Yes it is a great day. Told my guys we would only work half a day today and not come back till Monday. At first they were not happy with that till I said with pay.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on July 03, 2014, 06:40:50 AM
Yes it is a great day. Told my guys we would only work half a day today and not come back till Monday. At first they were not happy with that till I said with pay.

Nice.....now get that 75 stand built...LOL  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

My least favorite weekend of the year while having a dog that shakes and charges around the house barking like a maniac at fireworks.  Last night they started at midnight and went on until around 1 a.m.  They're allowed the day before, the day of and the day after the holiday. The fun has just begun. Yawn.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 03, 2014, 08:41:21 AM
My least favorite weekend of the year while having a dog that shakes and charges around the house barking like a maniac at fireworks.  Last night they started at midnight and went on until around 1 a.m.  They're allowed the day before, the day of and the day after the holiday. The fun has just begun. Yawn.

I know what you mean Pauline. Since we had T-Storms last night and will again tonight, it will mean more fireworks available for the next few nights. It's going to be pretty interesting around here the next few days.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

EverythingAquatic

Talk to your vet about using benadryl or another sedative type drug.  We used benadryl to calm our nervous nelly.  Best of luck getting through the rest of this week.

wsantia1

Quote from: EverythingAquatic on July 03, 2014, 11:21:52 AM
Talk to your vet about using benadryl or another sedative type drug.  We used benadryl to calm our nervous nelly.  Best of luck getting through the rest of this week.

Thanks Dena.  I usually able to talk him down.  He usually goes into seek and destroy mode and runs around the house looking for the source of the racket. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

EverythingAquatic

My dog would cower, shake, whine as she was so scared.  She would become unconsolable from shear fear.

PaulineMi

Thanks Dena. My dog behaves like Willie's dog.  We've gone the benadryl and prescription sedative routes. Even tried the "Thunder Coat", crating him, Rescue Remedy and some other homeopathic products. He's 8 1/2 yrs old now....It's hopeless.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

LizStreithorst

Ace promazine works wonders.  Your vet will prescribe it for you.  For the really really terrified ones ones you have to give it before the thunderstorm or fireworks otherwise their adrenaline overcomes it.  Only problem with it is is that it makes the dog drunk.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 03, 2014, 04:46:42 PM
Ace promazine works wonders.  Your vet will prescribe it for you.  For the really really terrified ones ones you have to give it before the thunderstorm or fireworks otherwise their adrenaline overcomes it.  Only problem with it is is that it makes the dog drunk.

....good for human consumption ?......LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

I've never heard of that one being stolen from a vet hospital.  Keetaset (incorrect phonetic spelling) is called "Special K" among drug users was popular.  I've seen what that does to a cat.  It make them all stiff and unable to control their muscles.  I sure wouldn't want that in my body!  I hear that the one most often stolen and abused is Tramidol.  It's a pain killer.  I'll stick to the legal and semi-legal nonaddictive drugs, thank you very much.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

My dog and I were both on Tramadol.  I quit taking it....dog is still on it.

b125killer

I seen a documentary on  "Special K". It's mind boggling what some people will put in there body! The one guy they showed was shooting it up. He did that about 5 times before he passed out. The one thing I can't understand about documentaries on drugs is, If the shows producer or who ever can find all these drug dealers and users. you would think that the authorities could too. Or that the authorities could get a warrant or something to press the producer to give up the information.   
Scott