• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 04:04:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 517
Total: 517

Hurricane Arthur

Started by PaulineMi, July 02, 2014, 05:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Whoa...a well defined 'eye'....it's going further inland that I suspected it would....land tones em down after a bit.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Still thinking of you Barb......
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

Thanks, did I tell you all that I hate hurricanes?  If I didn't, well I do.  They eye is getting too close for comfort to us.  Do you see New Bern on the maps?  We are due west of Ocracoke Is.  We have about 6  hrs. ahead of us with 35-65 mph winds sustained.  Our house is built to take 120.  My flower gardens will be ruined.  I counted 7 huge trees that could hit our house if they fell, and went the wrong way.  I dread the upcoming hours.  Will let you know tomorrow how it is.  If we still have power.
Barb

LizStreithorst

My solution is to get tanked, pass out, and sleep through everything.  That way, if I wake up dead the next morning I'll have avoided all the fear and suffering.

I know that the dang thing is strengthening.  Trust me.  You will be fine.   I feel it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I hope everything is okay Barb.
Willie I hope that the worst of it will miss you.
Scott

PaulineMi

From what I've read New Bern is being affected by the hrricane right now.  Barb .... hope your flower beds are salvageable.  I know they're near and dear to you.  Praying you guys are safe and that the trees remain upright.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

...Our thoughts are with you folks, Barb.....and hoping that it moves through there quickly and with little damage.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson