• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 11:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 431
Total: 431

Hurricane Arthur

Started by PaulineMi, July 02, 2014, 05:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Hoping that effects of Arthur miss you Barb.  Keep us posted.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 02, 2014, 05:36:05 PM
Hoping that effects of Arthur miss you Barb.  Keep us posted.

Yep, be safe out there, Barb, and crew... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

If the hurricane does as predicted it will give her a short lived strong storm.  She will get big wind but suffer no flooding.  I know. She said that when I called her.  Let's hope that what they say will become reality.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Now is when we are really glad we live 30 miles from the ocean.  No ocean water in our house! However, I really hate strong winds.  Scares me badly.  We are on high ground so no flood danger thank goodness. I will let you all know how it goes.  Please send good thoughts our way? It will hit tomorrow at noon and go through the night.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on July 02, 2014, 07:27:56 PM
Now is when we are really glad we live 30 miles from the ocean.  No ocean water in our house! However, I really hate strong winds.  Scares me badly.  We are on high ground so no flood danger thank goodness. I will let you all know how it goes.  Please send good thoughts our way? It will hit tomorrow at noon and go through the night.
Barb

We'll be thinking of you Barb....3 fingers of 'Jack'...screw the wind....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Jon, if I had some I just might drink that  :o
Barb

wsantia1

Best wishes Barb. Thinking of you guys down there and keeping a close eye on Arthur as he travels north. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on July 02, 2014, 07:58:30 PM
Best wishes Barb. Thinking of you guys down there and keeping a close eye on Arthur as he travels north.

Dang Willie...almost forgot that you're just north along the coast....yikes...watch yourself, bro...
Jon

LizStreithorst

You're in line for it next, aren't you Willie?  Take care.  Let's hope that is no worse than they predict.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on July 02, 2014, 08:05:06 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on July 02, 2014, 07:58:30 PM

Dang Willie...almost forgot that you're just north along the coast....yikes...watch yourself, bro...

It's supposed to turn out to the ocean before it gets up here. If weather people are correct. lol
Willie

JR

Thinking of you Barb stay safe.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 02, 2014, 08:05:48 PM
You're in line for it next, aren't you Willie?  Take care.  Let's hope that is no worse than they predict.

Thanks Liz.  Just supposed to brush us.  Barb and N.C. on in a direct line. It's a category 1 right now. 
Willie

Barb

Yep, like I always say, "There is a high price to be paid to live on or near the beach".  We will be paying today and tonight.  I will let you all know how it goes when I can.  Just hoping for no power loss, and no damage to our house.  Falling trees scare the heck out of me.  We don't need to evacuate, will just hunker down here at home with our cats and fish. 
Barb :(

PaulineMi

We'll be thinking of you and yours Barb, that you'll stay safe. 

Willie...hopefully just brushing you is the most that you experience.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost