• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 08:56:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 393
Total: 393

Just scored a used 120

Started by LizStreithorst, July 01, 2014, 04:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The tank belongs to a neighbor and is less than 2 years old.  He thought he wanted fish but changed his mind.  I told him that he would be insulted if I told I told him what price goes for around here.  He said, "You have to give them away".  I said that if he could find a buyer the going price is $1.00 a gallon, a bit more for a large tank like his.  I offered him $1.50 per gallon if we could sway out for grooming.  (he has 2 Maltese that are easy grooms).

The guy is made of money but he is a honest guy.  I'm an honest lady and want to keep it that way.  I think that this deal is good for both of us, don't you?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

..a 120?....cool, good tanks...grow out specials....boomba!
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

If you're happy with it and he's happy with it, yes, it's a good deal!

Furthermore, even with just knowing you on the forum here, I would bet money you wouldn't try to take advantage of anyone.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'd been praying for another 120.  They are great grow out tanks.  I still have that stupid 120 that thumbs it's nose at me every time I try to repair it.  I'm so mad at that tank that it will have to wait until decide to break it down to nothing and check all the panes of glass with a square.  Although I have a place for it I have a grudge against that  tank.  I'll get over my grudge when I need the tank.  I'm hoping that I'll need it sooner rather than later.  I have a good female Discus on the way.  I'm hoping for the best ::)

I can't wait to get the tank.  All I will need do to is glue in a bit of 1" PVC, 2 elbow's,  "T", and an end cap.  Easy peasy.

Always move forward. Never look back.