• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 07:56:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 502
Total: 502

UH OH=========>

Started by Mugwump, June 30, 2014, 02:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..the dew point is creeping up on 80deg and the humidity is currently 85%.....tornado watch thru tonight......sounds like the makings of an adventure around here.......storms are about an hour, or so out yet......wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

AS an old swabby that i am I would tell you to brace for impact....  Keep safe...

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

wsantia1

Be careful out there.  Can't say I'm missing that weather.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Oh sweet, now we're under a flash flood watch til tomorrow morning,,,,,look at the 'bow' on this puppy....it's going to be a beaut' for sure....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on June 30, 2014, 04:37:34 PM
Oh sweet, now we're under a flash flood watch til tomorrow morning,,,,,look at the 'bow' on this puppy....it's going to be a beaut' for sure....

That is real ugly looking.  Be careful and stay safe.  The fishroom might be a good place to hang out during this storm.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

LOL...that's the plan if all hell breaks loose..... ;D
Jon

EdKaz

Hope you guys are Ok up there John.......its eerily calm, and looking REAL weird out this way. :o :o :o

Mugwump

So far, lots of noise, a good hard rain, not as much wind as I expected...we're cool  ;D

hunker down, Ed....I've lived in that area, Grandville late 40's, Spring Valley early 50's, it's a hot bed for those freak'n twisters.....watch the fish, it's safer down there...Mary and Beth home??
Jon

Mugwump

Oh crap, here comes round two.....look a bunch worse than the first round,,,,,wheeeeeeee
Jon

PaulineMi

It's heading this way. Hope you stay safe, no damage or power outages. Our reports are saying 70 mph winds are possible.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

EdKaz

WOWSA.........

Went from calm and spooky looking to dark as 10pm and wind blowing REAL HARD. LOTS of hard rain and a lil hail. Power lines and trees down all around the area (not  here YET though).Scanner is going NUTS and everybody has called in extra help. No twisters but we did get some God Awful strong and continuous winds for a bit.

Sister in law a few blocks away has a couple of rather large  branches of one that decided they wanted to sleep IN HER BED tonight. Big ole tree tore down some wires, came down on their house and poked  through their roof. They have been chased out of their house, so we have a few extra lil ones hangin out with us here.

Yep......Mary and Beth are as safe as they/we all can be here at home........looks  like round two coming right up :(

PaulineMi

Yikes Ed!!! Glad no one was hurt. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

EdKaz

Round 2 under way.........the inside of the sister in Laws house is getting a bit of an indoor wash down.

Mugwump

..lotta wind..lotta noise..lotsa rain....it tore through here pretty good. I don't see any real damage as I look out the windows. I'll have a better idea when I run for my morning paper...

It's good to hear that everyone's ok down that way.... ;D  despite the damage, it's fixable....
Jon