• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 09:47:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

Hit hard

Started by JR, June 24, 2014, 06:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

The storms got us last night. About 6 pm and 8 pm power is out good thing I have a gen. Our big oak tree hit the the ground. It did not hit anything. Trees are down all over the place.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Zounds!!...it's good the trees are falling elsewhere for you....these latest storms roaming the midwest have been real damaging....glad to hear that you're ok... watch yourself out there...more coming..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Sorry you lost a big Oak. That will leave a noticeable bare spot. Glad though that it didn't hit anything other than the ground.  Hope this finds you with power back on or at least an effective generator that's still keeping things running for you.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

It's a shame to loose a big fine oak.  Plant another and while it is growing you will have a nice sunny spot to plant flowers in.

Glad you dogged the bullet as far as where it fell.  We've had lots of wind and rain here, too.  My tree man has more work than he can handle right now.  I'm so lucky that he was able to come here and save me from imminent disaster.
Always move forward. Never look back.

JR

It is sad I lost the Oak. Put I found a company in Cincy to come and get it tomorrow. I sent them pics and they said they would give me at least 500 for it. The power is still out put my generator is taking care of everything

PaulineMi

Quote from: JR on June 24, 2014, 08:37:32 PM
It is sad I lost the Oak. Put I found a company in Cincy to come and get it tomorrow. I sent them pics and they said they would give me at least 500 for it. The power is still out put my generator is taking care of everything

Getting paid for the oak lessens the pain of the loss a bit. Certainly better than having to pay for removal.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on June 24, 2014, 08:41:17 PM
Quote from: JR on June 24, 2014, 08:37:32 PM

Getting paid for the oak lessens the pain of the loss a bit. Certainly better than having to pay for removal.

ooh..ooh.....more tanks.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JR

Power is back on tree is gone. Everything is good in Dayton Ohio. My brother said I should turn the big hole in to a fish pound. I just may do that. I was just to lazy to dig one. LOL

Mugwump

....A ha !!...out of the chaos comes a ray of sunshine  ;D....a pre-dug pond....cool...
Jon

LizStreithorst

What an excellent idea!
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

Sorry to hear about the oak tree. It might be a sign that you needed a pond.
Scott