• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 04:55:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43

Thursday warming up

Started by LizStreithorst, December 23, 2021, 10:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

We'll get up in the low 60's today.  Thank goodness.  Every time I go down to the fish room there are one or more chicks perched on the edge of their container.  They need to hang in one more day without running all over the fish room.  Tomorrow is the big move.  It will be in the 70's for several days in a row.  I'm very lucky to be able to move these guys in warm weather so they won't have a total shock to their system.

I'll be doing WC on the house tanks this morning.  It's a much more enjoyable job when it's not freezing when I have to go outside to suck on the hose to get the siphon going.  Then off to the Dollar Store for the Clorox I forgot yesterday.  Then I need to tackle the tank sterilizing.  Not a fun job but the results make it worth the effort.

Be happy and well my fish friends.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. I am finally finished all of my Christmas stuff and now all I have to do is pack for a 3 day trip to Valley Stream, New York which is about 175 miles away on Long Island.

Since I plan to leave very early, my intention is to get to bed early. That doesn't usually happen the way I plan it so we'll see how everything goes.

Other than that I have nothing else going on.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, you are always on the go.  I can tell you love these family gatherings but hate the chore of going and coming back.  Are you still using the same kennel for Kobi?  I'll miss you while your gone so pop in from time to time.

I had to go to Ellsiville instead right down the road to the Dollar store.  I was afraid I might run out of beer over the holiday and most of Jones county doesn't allow the sale of beer.  As much as I love this state it sure is backward.  Of course I forgot the main thing I wanted to buy this morning.  Clorox.  I think it's because the last time I did that job l got sick from withdrawal from Gabapentin and in my head I associate the two.

What I did do is get all set up for moving the chicks tomorrow.  A new bale of shavings, a big feeder and an automatic waterer.  I have a long corner separated from the rest of the chicken house but with access to the whole chicken house.  I have the heat lamps pointed toward that corner.  We have cold nights and these guys need a place where they can snuggle up until they get used to it.  I bet I'll spend most of tomorrow sitting in the chicken house watching my babies.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, you are both busy I see.  Liz with fish tank and chick work, Willie getting ready for a nice trip.  Hope all goes well for both of you.  Here it is cold.  Sunny but cold.  High 20's last night, up to 45 this afternoon.  I have been cold all day.  Hot drinks help.  And hot soup shortly.  I may skip my sugar free nightly ice cream tonight.  My work has been indoor plants, also tomorrow.  I have a few social things coming up the next few days with friends and neighbors.  One is a 91st birthday party for a lady down the street.  Hope you all have a good night!  See you tomorrow,
Barb

Ron Sower

Well, this was crappy! I wrote a post this morning before we got busy and and I guess I didn't tap the "post" button on here....it's all gone now... ???  don't ya just hate it when that happens???

We tried out a newly opened sub place for lunch...Eegees... it was fair...I like Jersey Mike's better...
Did a little grocery shopping and got home in time to meet a lady who drove an hour and a half from Tucson to buy 10 yellow shrimp from me...she actually paid me more than the original plan and I added more shrimp to the container for her. I also gave her a small Amazon sword as a bonus...

I'm still in shorts since it's been 75 today...but that will change tomorrow to low 60s and 100% chance of rain...Saturday will be in low 60s, and Sunday starts into the 50s...winter has arrived in sunny AZ!!! |brr|

I just finished an older Patterson novel..."You've Been Warned"...kinda different for him...it is a weird one!  I was so engrossed in it last night that I forgot to take my sleepy-time herbs .!!. .!!. .!!. til 1PM...so I took them them and read more til I began to get sleepy at 1:30...

We're all set for Xmas day now...going to get on FaceTime with the Wa family at 10:30, our time, and open presents together...Stan and Barb are coming for dinner...prime rib...and 3 others from the hood are coming for dessert...all of us are Covid-aware and careful...

Willie, I hope you have a super good time with your family...please drive defensively and come back to us soon...
Barb, what a treat to be able to share in a 90+ birthday with a friend! Enjoy!
Liz, is that 2 days in a row you forgot your chlorox?...make a list, kiddo! ...I have to do that or I'd be making extra trips all the time....   Whatcha doing Xmas day?...

I hope you will all have a good evening...happy aquariuming, folks!!!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron