• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:38:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,348
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 757
Total: 757

Ken's Fish ain't what it used to be...

Started by BallAquatics, March 08, 2017, 06:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Ordered some stuff from Ken the other day.  It's being shipped FEDEX SMARTPOST DUMBPOST.

They send me a notice that it's shipped about 2 days before they actually box it up.  Then FedEx quickly gets it to Grove City Ohio.... over by Columbus about an hour from me.  On Saturday, it leaves Grove City and on Monday it's back in Groove City.  After a couple more days, it's left Grove City and I'm assuming it's going to Cincinnati to the USPS hub.

With a little luck, maybe I'll have it for the weekend.   huh

Back in the day, I purchased quite a bit of stuff from Ken and I was always amazed at how fast they turned things.  I'd usually get it in just a day or two.

Dennis

Mugwump

I know.....and lots of back orders too....I've been reading about others concerns as well...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Shop at Captain Bob's. No waiting. Orders usually ship the next day. . . . . . .  LOL

The only thing I'm out of is flake. Sold out in Chicago. Garden stuff is first. We have a big weekend coming up. We have a make and take class Friday night and two garden shows Saturday. Then I'll throw all my efforts into flake food. It'll be fresh for the Rockford swap.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on March 08, 2017, 07:38:37 AM
Shop at Captain Bob's. No waiting. Orders usually ship the next day. . . . . . .  LOL

The only thing I'm out of is flake. Sold out in Chicago. Garden stuff is first. We have a big weekend coming up. We have a make and take class Friday night and two garden shows Saturday. Then I'll throw all my efforts into flake food. It'll be fresh for the Rockford swap.

....yup...class A products and service.. |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 08, 2017, 07:45:23 AM
....yup...class A products and service.. |^|

I couldn't agree more.  I've been very happy with everything I've purchased.   |^|

Dennis

waterboy

I haven't had any problem with Ken's shipping, but half the stuff I want to order is out of stock.  They have a place to request an e-mail notification when the item comes in, but I found out real early that there are never any e-mail notifications.  The next time I go back the item is in stock.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

BallAquatics

Quote from: waterboy on March 08, 2017, 09:32:42 AM
.....but half the stuff I want to order is out of stock.

Same here.  I buy, or used to buy, bags, pump diaphragm kits, water pumps, etc.  Slowly, I'm finding other sources for these items.  I've noticed too, that some of the items Ken used to kill everybody on for price, can be found for less at other places.

About the only food items I purchase from Ken anymore is the Golden Pearls.  It's small, and I've used it for so many years with my tiny Danios, it's just my "go to" food for them.....

Oh well, it was great while it lasted.

Dennis

wsantia1

Jehmco suits my needs just fine and they are only 25 miles away.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on March 08, 2017, 12:03:09 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on March 08, 2017, 11:44:29 AM
Jehmco suits my needs just fine and they are only 25 miles away.

+1... |^|
Can't beat that even with a big 'ol stick!! |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron