• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 11:21:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 759
Total: 759

So long Pete......

Started by Mugwump, January 31, 2014, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

we'll miss ya.....thanks for leaving your songs ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

Wow to be that age and still  being able to get up there and do your thing.....  What a great song writer and musician...   Rest in Peace..

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Ron Sower

I went to a small college, Emory and Henry College, in southwest Va.  We had one special weekend when Pete Seeger came and did 2 concerts for us.  He stayed in the house that 8 of us boys were living. One of the guys living there was the co-ordinator of the entire event and that's how he ended up right across the hall from me. He wrote a song while he was there based on seeing Bobby Fyke's large American flag pinned on the wall above his upper bunkbed!

He was gracious, down home and fun to be with.

REST IN PEACE MR. SEEGER. YOU DESERVE IT.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

JR

I loved Peter, Paul And Mary. Whould go see them every time they were in town. Puff was one of the first songs I learned to play.
Rest in peace Peter
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

.....back in the day, at the 'Ice House' in Pasadena California, they would book a steady stream of 'folk' acts, and others.....We saw Pete Seegar, The Gold Coast Singers, The Smothers Brothers, The Kingston Trio, The New Christy Minstrels, and many more...the venue was intimate and the front row of 'chairs' was almost on stage...LOL....we folks attending would chat with the various performers like they were in our front room......it was classic...now days, I've heard the the 'Ice House' has moved to Glendale, and the old Pasadena location is a comedy club....
....besides the Ice House, we'd hang at 'Shelly's Manne-Hole'...there, the best jazz players performed...a few nights before I went overseas, my brother surprised me by taking me there to see Ahmad Jamal....still remember that well... ;D....a lot to be said about the seeing a show in a small venue.....beats an arena anytime, yep....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on February 01, 2014, 06:38:06 AM....a lot to be said about the seeing a show in a small venue.....beats an arena anytime, yep....
Agree!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron