• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 05:43:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 737
Total: 737

This would be nice....

Started by Mugwump, May 14, 2014, 07:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on May 14, 2014, 07:54:50 PM
Solar roads for the entire country...??

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/solar-roads-could-power-entire-country

This would be great but the oil companies would do everything they could to stop it.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 15, 2014, 03:48:35 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 14, 2014, 07:54:50 PM
Solar roads for the entire country...??

http://www.iflscience.com/technology/solar-roads-could-power-entire-country

This would be great but the oil companies would do everything they could to stop it.

I'm sure they would...but it will happen some day....look at Germany, they've made great advances and are using solar, and alternative, energy for almost half their needs....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

It's not just Germany, but the rest of the free world moving to renewable energy.  In the UK they have crunched the numbers of how much to install and how much to be saved down the road.  France is taking their nuclear power plants off-line in favor of renewable energy, and it's my understanding China leads the world in renewable energy projects.

It's just a matter of time until fuel is $10.00 a gallon.  Before we switched to geothermal, we used to use 650 gallons of fuel oil every winter.  We would get what they called a summer fill-up when the local grain elevator stocked up on fuel for harvest time.  At that time it cost about .85 cents a gallon.  It averaged almost $4.00 a gallon this year.  Needless to say, I'm very glad we didn't spend $2600.00 on heating costs last winter.

Dennis

BallAquatics

Mugwump

Jon