• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 03:12:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 646
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 623
Total: 623

A blink and....

Started by Mugwump, June 07, 2018, 02:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...now we have a new 'smart meter' from Comed......They're starting to install these in our part of town now.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

We've got those too. Not sure how they get the info. Either the meter transmits back on the power line or they read it from the road.  In any case we don't have anyone  come and read the meter any more.  Doesn't affect us one way or the other but I imagine it is much easier for them than reading the meter.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on June 07, 2018, 04:05:48 PM
We've got those too. Not sure how they get the info. Either the meter transmits back on the power line or they read it from the road.  In any case we don't have anyone  come and read the meter any more.  Doesn't affect us one way or the other but I imagine it is much easier for them than reading the meter.

...well other than what's the old meter reader doing now....?....hopefully retrained ...but.. huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Are you talking about electricity?  I have one of smart meters for electricity at my shop and at home.  From what I understand from an old election who fixed my problem when I had a huge electricity problem at the shop is that a satellite gets the info and if the satellite is not passing overhead they get no information whatsoever.

It was way over my head but he fixed my bit disaster and told me that if the electricity people were to come around and question me I was to tell them that I didn't no nothin' about no problem with my electricity huh  That was good with me and the electricity police never came and locked me up.

I sure do miss being able to see that big wheel turning around.  I always tried to make it turn as slowly as possible.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2018, 06:05:05 PM
Are you talking about electricity?  I have one of smart meters for electricity at my shop and at home.  From what I understand from an old election who fixed my problem when I had a huge electricity problem at the shop is that a satellite gets the info and if the satellite is not passing overhead they get no information whatsoever.

It was way over my head but he fixed my bit disaster and told me that if the electricity people were to come around and question me I was to tell them that I didn't no nothin' about no problem with my electricity huh  That was good with me and the electricity police never came and locked me up.

I sure do miss being able to see that big wheel turning around.  I always tried to make it turn as slowly as possible.

..yes, the electricity.....I was referring to the usual 'house to house' meter reader possibly being out of a job?....that's a lot of jobs....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yea.  He no longer comes around.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2018, 06:05:05 PM....the satellite is not passing overhead they get no information whatsoever.

It was way over my head...
...an embedded satellite pun!... :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on June 08, 2018, 10:35:24 AM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 07, 2018, 06:05:05 PM....the satellite is not passing overhead they get no information whatsoever.

It was way over my head...
...an embedded satellite pun!... :D

...undoubtedly..... :P
Jon

LizStreithorst

Shoot, I'm even a punster when I don't mean to be.  I'd have never noticed if Ron hadn't pointed it out.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 08, 2018, 01:32:10 PM
Shoot, I'm even a punster when I don't mean to be.  I'd have never noticed if Ron hadn't pointed it out.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 08, 2018, 01:32:10 PM

nyuk nyuk nyuk.............. :D
Jon