• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 05:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 566
Total: 566

Manacapuru X Pre-Breeders From Jon

Started by PaulineMi, August 10, 2013, 09:21:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

They are now "breeders"...no more "pre".  They spawned in a community tank yesterday and the female is fiercely protecting the eggs! For first timers I'm surprised the eggs lasted overnight.

I'm not pulling them or the eggs. I have enough youngsters here now. My well water isn't conducive to egg hatching either...very high TDS.  However it is cool seeing how dedicated this young pair is.  Maybe at a later date......

What would they produce Jon?
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

I selected a bunch of those from the spawn that were the most expressing with the bars, they could still carry a pb......'het' but I don't think so....a spawn should just get more Manacapuru/wild/silver types....those are 75% wild blood, the father was a F1, and the mother from a F1 cross...did the little dark spots show up yet??....mine here are really starting to dark freckle....matter of fact, I have a pair defending a slate of eggs too...LOL...their maturity is in sync..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

The wild look sounds great!  I like that.

Here are the spots and the eggs.  Prolific little first timer.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Nice pic, it shows her off real well.....I love em too......gorgeous  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Nice!! That jon always has some nice angels

b125killer

Scott

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

PaulineMi

Thanks all. This pair is the most dedicated couple I've had. The poor loaches who live under the driftwood near where these angels have spawned are beside themselves.  They've been driven away from their homes and are not happy about it. There's a flurry of activity at one end of the tank....all displaced fish forced to stay away from the spawning area. Most of the eggs had turned white last night. Soon there will be peace in the tank...temporarily.

Mugwump

Mine took about 10-15 to wigglers for a day or so....then poof....matter of fact, they're eye balling the slate now....LOL...I guess that I should move them....?? gets rough in there  ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Pauline, I believe I have siblings to your pair.  Mine have spawned also but I had an emergency out of town and...  Anyway a couple of mine have those freckles also but they are not the pair. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.