• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 04:29:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 557
Total: 557

TGIF coffee...

Started by Mugwump, May 05, 2017, 05:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....what great coffee this morning....MMMmmm...very good  |^|

...about 42deg's at the moment, but we''l see sunny skies with mid 60 temps.....our first nice day here in a spell....a good mowing day  |^|

...nothing else planned at the moment..... huh

....now back to our regularly scheduled coffee  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Morning Jon.  Yes, another fine day coming up.

More IT work for me today.....  If I get done early I might spend some time with This Old House and watch some of the old Bob Vila shows.

Dennis

Mugwump

Pot #2 about gone now....... wfwf....time for another pot  ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...not a cloud in the sky.....sunny and already almost 60degs....mild breezes.....a nice day.... |^|
Jon

wallace

In the 60s today... there were severe T-storms around last night but unfortunately they missed us.

Need to ramp up the irrigation. The cows broke some PVC valves. The irrigation water has a TDS of only 30 right now... its all snowmelt pouring off the mountain, the river is running high for May.

This area has been invaded by pot growers for the last 3 years, and so I went to the hardware store for plumbing stuff and couldn't even find a PVC elbow on the shelf. They are all starting to irrigate and fixing up their pipes too.

Dan

LizStreithorst

Charlotte proves once again that she is cursed.  They put the new distributor in and she wouldn't crank at all.  It was defective.  As usual, BJ called everywhere and the closest one is in Baton Rouge.  It won't be in until Monday.

I called poor Judy to come rescue me once again.  She drove in in Jack's truck and we swung by Alexander's to pick up 3 sheets of 1/2 treated ply wood.  The tin is not yet in ::)  Perhaps I'm the one who's cursed, not Charlotte. 
'
Always move forward. Never look back.

Tony44

Na just a curve ball.or 2 keep your chin up and push through it
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 05, 2017, 03:25:55 PM
Charlotte proves once again that she is cursed.  They put the new distributor in and she wouldn't crank at all.  It was defective.  As usual, BJ called everywhere and the closest one is in Baton Rouge.  It won't be in until Monday.

I called poor Judy to come rescue me once again.  She drove in in Jack's truck and we swung by Alexander's to pick up 3 sheets of 1/2 treated ply wood.  The tin is not yet in ::)  Perhaps I'm the one who's cursed, not Charlotte. 
'

...I was going to tell you to keep WD40 in your glove box.....some cars by nature of where the distro cap is located under the hood, are very susceptible to getting cracked caps......if you spray the cap down, wires and all....most times they'll fire right up....Jan had a little car that did it almost every winter.... spray it down, start right up......plus when you do a tune up....grab the old cap and rotor for spares to have if it does it again......just change the wires over (1) at a time....
Jon

wallace

There is much more snow than usual on Shasta for this time of year. The drought is officially over I think. I went out and got some pictures today. That's Shasta over the chicken barn.

And a pic of a peacock. The peahen has those little feathers on her head too, but he keeps pecking them off her head....lol
Dan

Tony44

Looks great how much land do you have and did you ever find a growing operation on it.
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

......beautiful country........ |^|
Jon

LizStreithorst

Dan, if it weren't for the lack of rain I could live there.  It is just so beautiful...But I like green, and I like not getting cold.  I already live in the place that is perfect for me.

Tony, I complain when life doesn't preform as expected.   I guess that I have yet to figure out that life has a mind of it's own ::)  I always get through it.  This 'ain't shit compared some of the positions I gotten into and come out better than I went in.  When I bitch pay no attention to me.

Mug, it was the distributor itself, not the cap.  Still, it always good to have a can of WD around.  WD-40 can save the day when least expect that the day will need saving.  Good idea.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

Quote from: Tony44 on May 05, 2017, 06:39:41 PM
Looks great how much land do you have and did you ever find a growing operation on it.

There is 50 or 60 acres here. What I like about this place is that its surrounded by miles of empty ranch land.

Pots's legal now but all the illegal grows I ran across were on government land. They would find an opening in the forest and haul water usually.

I saw an add today for female plants, $15 in 4 inch pots. When I was a kid I planted some seeds in the back yard, and after a while I was afraid my Mom would recognize what they were so I got scared and pulled them out.
Dan

Tony44

Funny I use to save my seeds for party's and plant them in the plants in the house where the party was lmao
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Tony44

Liz I like to call it venting,it does a body good as long as you are smiling everything is cool
RIGHT TURN CLYDE